Leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Hey Ryan,

The shocks won't help with badly sagging springs.   Installing the leveling kit will restore the ride height.  You will not have to get longer brake lines, as the kit will only lift the Bronc to the original spec or slightly above.

Be sure to get an alignment done after installing. ( the alignment bushings are included in the kit).

I personally don't have any experience with the skyjackers, but they aren't bad shocks. If priced right I would use them.

Good Luck

Seabronc

Reaction score
If you are not going to add weight to the front of the truck, you should probably get new springs.  A leveling kit is not intended to just replace springs, it is to compensate for the extra compression caused by a heavy winch or perhaps a heaver than stock engine.  so, if adding weight - yes to the kit; if not adding weight and only bringing the front end back to it's stock height, No to the kit.

:)>-

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo Ryan,

WELCOME!

As for shocks, it's like asking for Best beer opinions..lol

my KYB Gas-Adjust shocks started rusting out by month 3; KYB rep said in e mail reply to my concern that is is Not normal...but would Not authorize a return under the life-time guarantee. They still work, but look like a bad Bronco 1/4 panel now
This pic was taken in JAN 04 when they were 2 years old.kybrust.jpg

Bought Bilstein Monotube Shock Absorbers (from ajusa.com & Eligible for Free Ground Shipping) in SEP; manufactured extremely well IMO as compared to other brands; f

or example, look @ how the the hex is attached to the body as compared to others brands such as KYB Gas-a-just that within a year they began to rust on the tubes; contacted company and they said the rust is Not normal but would not honor a return or offer an adjustment.
And all bushings deteriorated too quickly imo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22