73' with a T shift???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

genthree

Reaction score
I own a 1973 U15 with a C4 and a Dana 20 T shift...  I know that the J shift started in the 1973 model, is there anyway to tell if it is original with the T shift or this is some sort of RETRO...

The truck has been in the family since 1987 and nobody has done anything like that to it....

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
It may be an early '73.., actually built in '72. Might be able to tell by the run #'s.

Is your shift handle the stock "T" shape or is it an aft. mkt.  (Duffs or Hurst) ?

If the shifter is stock.., it's likely all factory including the transfer case.

There's very little difference.., the J-shift had poor shifting quality (over time) soooo..,

you're lucky to have a "T" shift.

Come on now..,

where's your signature listing all the fine work you & your sons have done to your rig..? :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  B)   

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
genthree

genthree

Reaction score
It's the stock shifter, so I think I have an early 73....

Signature has been updated!!! :)>-

OP
OP
genthree

genthree

Reaction score
For those of you who end up with this issue...  There were some '73 broncos that were build with a T shift...  HOWEVER  They have a J-shift front output shaft.  PLEASE NOTE, if you  buy a T-shift rebuild kit for this set-up you will need different bearings for the input shaft.  When you pull the stock bearings out KEEP them until you get it all put back together.....

It is a little confusing, but totally doable....  BTW, TOM'S BRONCOS ROCKS!!!!  MATT and KELLY are the BOMB!!!!  Matt took a look at it for me today and gave me some good pointers....  Totally Bronco fans.....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar