How hot does your Dana 20 get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

genthree

Reaction score
Been putting some miles on around town and the floor panels right above the transfer case is HOT!!!  Yes it is summer, yes there is no top on the rig, yes the inside of the tub is painted black, but I still get the feeling that this thing is running HOT.  I checked and changed the fluid this weekend, but no help....

Let me know what you think....

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Initially there's not much heat generated by the T-case but.., heat from the eng.  transfers back.

What's the eng. temp..?

I invested in the lazer thermometer fr. Harbor Frt. I use it all over the house & to check vehicles.

One of my best investments.  (approx $30)

Black paint in the hot sun is nearly impossible to leave your hand on meaning, that's not a good judgement point as to what's going on, on the other side.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
genthree

genthree

Reaction score
I have a couple of those thermometers at work.... That is a really good idea.  Engine is running in the "normal" range, but I will shoot them with the laser from the bottom and see what they look like....

Of course now that the stereo is in it doesn't have much time in the garage....  I already lost it as a daily driver to the CFO and her kids.... They are REALLY enjoying it...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke