1989 bronco XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

faith4ull

Reaction score
i recently bought a 1989 bronco and i havent been able to get it to start. i've replaced the solenoid, distributor cap, fuel lines are clear with good pressure, fuel injectors are good, spark plugs are new but theyre not sparking and coil voltage is 12 volts. im running out of options. any and all advice is appreciated.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo faith4ull,'

WELCOME!

Try a Self Test for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC)s by my pal, BroncoJoe19
http://broncozone.co..._mode__threaded

Some basics;
The engine temperature must be greater than 50° F for the Key On Engine Off (KOEO) Self-Test

Make sure transmission is in Park (automatic); or in Neutral for a Manual & release clutch.

Then turn off all accessories/lights (close driver's door) , etc.

Do KOEO test

Post Code(s) here

"...How to Troubleshoot a No Start in Ford 4.9L, 5.0L, 5.8L

In a no start condition (also known as a cranks but does not start)... your vehicle's starter motor is cranking the engine but the engine is not starting. This is usually due to a lack of spark, or fuel, or engine compression and in this article I'm gonna' explain in some detail how to diagnose this type of condition/problem.

In a no crank condition, the engine is not cranking when you turn the key to crank the engine. In other words, you turn the key and nothing happens... since the engine won't turn over. This usually due to a BAD starter motor or a BAD starter motor solenoid.

Remember... this article only deals with a no start condition..."

http://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/ford/4.9L-5.0L-5.8L/how-to-troubleshoot-a-no-start-1

by Abraham Torres-Arredondo

miesk5 note; you can make a diy spark tester or buy one @ parts stores

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar