1995 Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NYBOWHUNTER

Reaction score
I just bought a 95 bronco that had a bad bearing on the front left , as I tore it apart I also found out the spindle was bad replaced the bearings and spindle , as I drove it home every time I move the wheel to the Left I herd a grinding noise coming from the left front so I thought it was because I put manual locker bearing nuts in and put the auto locker on so when I got it home I ordered new manual locking hubs with the new nuts and it still does it , it sounds like the lockers are grinding , only when the wheel is turned to the left and sometimes when I push the brake it goes away any ideas whats going on here

Seabronc

Reaction score
Sounds like a hub is not completely retracted.  If you stuffed it with grease, clean it out and just lightly grease it.

Good luck,

:)>-

OP
OP
N

NYBOWHUNTER

Reaction score
When I bought the new lock outs it said to put no grease in them so I didn't , Is it possible that the used spindle I got is wrong it came off a 1994 or 1995 F-150

Elmo

Reaction score
 i use trans fluid to **** my hubs. seems to work well on auto or man hubs. i drop the hubs in a coffee can filled with trans fluid as soon as i take them out and let them soak till reassembly unless i have a specific problem to address with the hub. The hubs should be the same betweeen the F-150 and Bronco. When i replaced the 3 ***** auto hubs with (used) 5 ***** auto hubs, the nuts that i pulled with the 5 ***** hubs turned out to be the same nuts that go with the manual hubs. Im sorry for such a long useless explanaition just to say that the nuts should not be causing a problem.

Seabronc

Reaction score
You need some sort of lubrication in there just to prevent rust.  I've used a light coat of red high temp gear grease for years.  By light coat, I mean light, just rub it on the surfaces with a finger, no excess.  I suppose trany fluid will work just as well as long as you maintain the hubs on a regular basis.

good luck,

:)>-

Last edited by a moderator:

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo,

Dana 44 Spindle & Seal Part Numbers for 95-96; "...Due to a bonehead I let do the balljoints on my 96 last year, I had to replace a spindle on my 96 this year (long story... dont ask). Anyway in the process of trying to locate a new spindle, I learned some things.. First is that if your build date (located on the sticker on the drivers side door striker pillar) is AFTER 05-95 you will have a very hard time sourcing a spindle from a local place ... including the dealer. Neither carquest , napa or any other parts outlet even listed the part... Ford told me that a pre 05-95 spindle was available (at a cost of about 360.00) They told me that there were four post 5-95 build date spindles available as dealer stock.. two were at dealers in wisconsin and two in either ny or nj (dont remember which). Then the parts guy ( friend of mine) told me that they were being sold for 650.00 each because they were "no longer serviced by ford" (ford was no linger getting them from supplier) He then suggested a dana/spicer wholesaler out of Billings, Mt (fairly local to me) called Inland Truck Parts Company. I called Inland. They wanted a bill of material number from my axle (located on a sticker on the back side of the passenger side axle beam... its shown as the "dana part #"). I gave them the number and the guy told me they were still available from dana/spicer. best part was the cost.. $162.00 and change... it cost me 173.00 with three day ups. The dana part # of this spindle is 75304x. Its for 95-96 bronco-f150 w/front abs I got the part in three days , was the correct replacement and had no problems. If you are having problems finding the correct replacement spindle pm me and I can help.. ALso, these spindles come loaded with the correct spindle bearing and spindle seal. There is a seal that is only used on 95-96's ( i think) as well that is located on the axle stub shaft. It is not the metal "slinger" type piece with seal, but a one piece rubber seal that is a primary seal that is seated on the stub shaft and rides on the back side of the spindle. It is a smaller version of the forsheda seal that attaches to the otside of the spindle and rides on the inner wheel hub seal. This seal is ford part # f3tz1s175bba. Again, any questions and pm me , I will try to help cause I know these newer parts are confusing and hard to find..."
Source: by b wojo

Dana 44 Spindle & Seal Part Numbers for 95-96; "...Ford has replaced some of the numbers with seals that are not correct. When I did mine last year (96, not sure how closee to yours), the parts guy new his stuff and said when they crossed some numbers they didn't get it right. I went to five dealers and each had the same problem. Don't go to Pep Boys and get the seals they sell. Even though they are Chicago Rawhide, same as Napa relabel, they are not the better ones. The parts they have are a very cheap version, which may work, but I wouldn't trust. Napa had to order in the 25009, but they got it in a day. As far as seal 3, the one I got new from Ford was one piece, but the one that came out broke into the three pieces. If you get the Ford one, you will see how easy it is to snap apart. Seal 2 is actually a smaller version of seal 6, but the oneFord parts guy said that they don't have a replacement. Fortunately Napa has one. They have one part D3TZ3C132A that they try to sell. It is a metal slinger that could be pressed in place of seal 2, but it has no sealing properties, just a stamped part that looks like a washer with a lip where it slides over the axle. Item 2 is Ford F3TZ1S175BBA Item 3 is FOrd F3TZ1SZ175AA Item 6 is NAPA NOS25009 http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPage...+-+Front+Wheel Item 7 is Napa NOS23276..."
Source: by Tony R

Dana 44 Spindle Differences 94-95; "...In addition to the ~'92 loss of a spindle stud (leaving 5) and the addition of 2 notches in the spindle ****** for the 4WABS sensor used on '93-96 Broncos only, the spindle was also redesigned in ~'95. to match the revised 2-piece inner wheel seal. F150 spindle flanges were never notched or drilled for the 4WABS sensor, but are otherwise identical to the corresponding Bronco's. I suspect the slot was lengthened around '86 for the self-locking spindle nut, but I haven't confirmed that. '87-early '88 spindles for manual (top-hat ******-style) hub locks are significantly shorter overall, and have 6 stud holes..."

spindles8396.jpg
Source: by Steve

also, fyi;

95 Bronco-F-Series Workshop Manual by Ford

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/content/~WSSJ/~MUS~LEN/20/SSJMAIN.HTM

Section 05-03A: Axle, Front Drive, Dana Models 44 and 50

REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
Spindle, RH and LH Shaft and Joint Assembly

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/content/~WSSJ/~MUS~LEN/20/SSJ53A06.HTM

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts