Brake Bleeding Nightmare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1978f150

Reaction score
HI

I have a 1978 Ford F150 Lariat and i am trying ot bleed the brake system. For some reason i can not get the rear brakes to bleed. There does not seem to be Fluid running to thm i have removed the bleeding valve to check for possible malfunction or blockage and even with the valve removed fluid is not flowing. Any ideas would be Massivly welcome 

thanks 

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
I would disconnect the brake line to the back of the wheel cyl.(s) 

(It's poss. the cylinders are plugged/frozen.)

Then.., see if you can get fluid to exit the brake line.   If so.., you know the rest..! :)>-   

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Hey 78,

What is the reason you need to bleed the brakes in the first place?  Is the brake light on?  The problem may be the pressure differential/ combo valve has locked out the rear fluid ports as a safety feature.  You may need to reset the valve by cracking open the line to the front brakes at the master cylinder while someone slowly presses the brake pedal, allowing the valve to reset in the middle.

Good Luck and let us know how things turn out.

OP
OP

1978f150

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions ! I just replaced the pads and calipers in the front so needed to bleed the system. Front bled fine but the rear are both just tricking. i checked all the lines and nothing seems damaged or crimped. i also checked the bleeder screws and they are fine and clean. I am going to try to reset the valve and i will let you know how it goes 

Thanks 

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke