C-4 rebuild problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madgreenback

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum. I have 76 Bronco I've been wheelin the wee out 0f for years. I have rebuilt my C-4 and made all the known mods such as drilling out the drums, increasing oiling to the #9 ****** washer, modifying the pump stator to supply full fluid volume to the cooler and new seals, bushings and ****** washers. Now for the fun part, I feel I was very thourough and by the book,used a torque wrench, air checked clutch packs and servos, double checked everything and feel preety good about the whole thing. Problem is, when I got it all in...No solid forward engagement!!!! It's doing really weird stuff. It will engage solidly into reverse, but goes into first only enough to move the truck when throttled up. But the really strange part is, when the vacume modulator valve is hooked up (normalized), I get No forward clutch pack engagement at all. It only softly engages when the vacume is removed!!??? I know this because I put the rear end up on jack stands and can run the tires around in the air. I checke my line pressures and they all seem higher than specs. Ive looked at the valve in the case for the modulator and verified it's in the right way, the pin is in place, and all the valve body really seems OK and freed up and clean. case is full to the level with fluid. Can anyone offer advice or some insight on this issue. I'm ready to pull it back out and recheck my fwd clutch pack piston and seals and a good lookover again. I'm frusterated! This should have been easy!! HELP!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom