B2 Set-Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pinball

Reaction score
Hey all. Just looking for some opinions. I'm restoring an '88 B2. It's got a 2" body lift installed now and I'm getting rims and tires next. Looking at Cragar 397 Spft 8 15" rims and Hankook Dynapro MT tires, size 31 10.5r15. I have deal where I can get 5 rims, 5 tires 4 center caps and the lug nuts brand new for $1200... Any advice on my choices? Also, is it a good enough deal? Thanks!

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Hey PB welcome,

The price point is a good deal. The question to you is how are you using this Bronc? Those Hankook tires have an agressive tread. Great for off-roading, but will make an awful noise on the street. If your truck is 4WD, they will need to be rotated every 3 to 5 k miles or the fronts will develop pretty big knobs on the tread cleats and make them even louder.

Hope this answers your questions.

Good Luck

OP
OP
P

pinball

Reaction score
Hey PB welcome,

The price point is a good deal. The question to you is how are you using this Bronc? Those Hankook tires have an agressive tread. Great for off-roading, but will make an awful noise on the street. If your truck is 4WD, they will need to be rotated every 3 to 5 k miles or the fronts will develop pretty big knobs on the tread cleats and make them even louder.

Hope this answers your questions.

Good Luck
Thanks for the reply. I actually didn't take that deal. Still going with same rims, but only 4 for now. And I'm gonna do Toyo Open Country AT2's in 31 10.5r15. Hoping this will help with the gas mileage and the road noise. Little less aggressive tread. I'm not sure if it will one day become a more offroad truck, but at least for the foreseeable future it will remain on road, so AT's are prob my best tire choice for the moment.

And yeah, it's a 4WD EB edition...I own 2 B2's actually...the project and an '88 XLT I drive everyday that's beat up, but you know, it's gets the job done. Haha.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke