changing fuel filter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bronco73destin

Reaction score
It has been suggested to me that I might need to change the fuel filter, esp. since i dont know last time this has been done. However, I do not know where or what to look for. Ive googled fuel filters and seems to be like a small metal cylinder, but i do not see anything like this on my 73 bronco. Can anyone help me out with this. Let me know if you need more info

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Hey 73,

There is the carb filter that is the metal part that screws into the carb, right after the rubber hose with clamp. ( It's what I see from your pics in another post.) That can be unscrewed from the carb. You can see the flats for a wrench , right against the carbs fuel bowl.

Some models had another filter between the fuel pump and the tank. That should be under the vehicle , inside the frame rails. However it may have been removed by the P.O. It was a canister with a replacable element, and many owners saw it as a hassel. Sometimes it was replaced with a universal inline filter.

This is one of those times you will just have to get under there and look. just a heads up that it may not be there at all.

Also, a clogged fuel filter will not cure your leaky carb or flooding problems. But not a bad idea to change anyway.

Good Luck

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke