E3 Spark Plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pj31704

Reaction score
I am about to replace spark plugs on my rig and have seen these E3 Spark Plugs Diamond Fire. They seem to be the best on the market. Has anyone used these? Any feedback?

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Hey pj,

I would like to try the E3s as well....but haven't. The theory behind them is good i just don't knowif they actually perform any better than other plugs. I know some platinum plugs in some engines cause problems. But haven't heard anything about E3s.

For your rig they may not be a good investment. Do you have an upgraded HEI ignition system? Duraspark, or an aftermarket? If you are running the old points ignition it does not put out enough voltage to throw a spark through the grounding points on the E3 plugs. They will fire, but you don't get the multiple arcs, so you have wasted your money.

Good luck with whatever you try.

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Yep.., plugs are like shocks, oil, women, :lol: tires, car brands, razor blades, etc. everybody has a favorite...!!

20,000 volt coil gives you 20,000 volt spark.... there's no magic. :eek:)

Get stock Ford Motocraft or NGK & save a few $$

Gap properly for points or electronic ign. & good to go. :D/

OP
OP
pj31704

pj31704

Reaction score
I'm in the process of changing out plugs now. I am noticing that there is a lot of oil on the threads of the old plugs. Is there anything causing this? I'm thinking that's not a good sign.

Rons beast

Reaction score
Hey PJ,

If your valve cover gaskets were leaking, that is probably residual oil from that problem. It's a good idea to put a little antisiez on the threads of the new plugs. The PO may have oiled them as well.

I don't think it's a sign of a pending problem.

Good Luck

OP
OP
pj31704

pj31704

Reaction score
So I've gotten the passenger side plugs finished but I'm having issues with front 3 on driver side. The spark plug bolt will not fit over plug. It doesn't seem to be blocked by anything and plugs don't look stripped. Do I need to remove manifold for these? Really hoping not but I can't get them off.

OP
OP
pj31704

pj31704

Reaction score
Had to remove bolts on manifold to pull up on it just a bit and bolt went on. Got it all finished and running great. Thanks for the help

Rons beast

Reaction score
Hey,

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. You should never have to remove or loosen a manifold to change plugs. There probably was just gunk around the plugs, especially if there was oil collected there. I blow out any gunk with some WD-40, or compressed air.

What plugs did you use?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane