Oil Change Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pj31704

Reaction score
I am about to do the first oil change for my rig, this is a first E.B. for me and just wanted to see if anyone had any opinions on which grade motor oil to use. I am also going to put in Rislone Oil additive because of a minor leak I believe I have in the rear main seal. Other question I have is where the oil goes, I have noticed there is not a place to pour oil into. I'm guessing the breather cap on the valve cover is where it goes?

One last thing is if I am going to be replacing the valve covers soon, will I have to do another oil change after doing this? Or will it not interfere with the oil and any spilling out.

Thanks!

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Hey pj,

I use Castrol but any major brand is good. Just go with an oil blended for a "High Mileage" engine. I have used "high mileage and after about 3 changes it cured the real seal leak in the Beast. Purelator Pure-One filters have a valve that prevents draindown , and cuts down on "dry starts". I always use them.

When you remove the valve covers there will be no oil running out, just some drippage. The oil that splashes in the valve covers when the engine is running drains back to the crankcase. Just clean up any gasket material or gunk that falls into the top of the head.

The breather should come off the V C with about a1/4 twist.

It's an easy job

Good Luck

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar