minimizing my electrical/ignition system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldschoolhd

Reaction score
I have a '79 bronco i'm trying to get running. A mouse aparently chewed through most of the wiring. I beleive theres a way to eliminate all but what is necessary to energize the ignition system and operate the starter system. I'm thingking a togle for the ignition and a push botton for the starter. Theres 3 wires that go to the distributor and 2 or 3 to the coil. Has anyone tried this? The starter I'm sure I can figure out. Am I wrong in thingking the motor should run as long as the distributors/coil is powered?

OP
OP
O

oldschoolhd

Reaction score
*update.. if I had a wiring diagram this would be easier. Is any one awhare of an online site that has these?

Elmo

Reaction score
yes it will work but it will take a bit more than just a wire or to. the electronic ignition must get power and send it to the coil. not to very complicated but yes you will need a wieing diagram or someone with eyes on the truck to pointout the proper wireing.

Seabronc

Reaction score
This wiring diagrm is for a Duraspark II ignition which is what I believe you have in your truck. As far as wires go, you need either the resistive wire or a coil resistor to keep from burning up your coil when the key is in the RUN position. The feed to the ignition and coil is a little different for the START position.

Good luck,

peace.gif

PG18.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo