89 bronco II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SIX IN'NA ROW

Reaction score
I need some information on a bronco of my friends. Its an 89, 5 speed manual, 4x4. He wrecked it and seeing as how the stock Dana 28 is trash we were considering a straight axle swap simply because i cannot find a D28 anywhere around here, so ive already called the local jeep junkyard and he told me he has over 300 dana's and any part i need for them. He was very helpful and told me that i would want a dana 35 with reverse cut gears and it would cost arond $150, What i would like to know is what other parts would i need for the swap, and and whats it probably going to cost if i get the parts from the junkyard. Its pretty much our only option right now due to parts availability. Im real close to marion and kokomo area so if anyone within 50 miles of me has a dana 28 that will work, name your price and ill pick it up.

wmmichael20

Reaction score
I need some information on a bronco of my friends. Its an 89, 5 speed manual, 4x4. He wrecked it and seeing as how the stock Dana 28 is trash we were considering a straight axle swap simply because i cannot find a D28 anywhere around here, so ive already called the local jeep junkyard and he told me he has over 300 dana's and any part i need for them. He was very helpful and told me that i would want a dana 35 with reverse cut gears and it would cost arond $150, What i would like to know is what other parts would i need for the swap, and and whats it probably going to cost if i get the parts from the junkyard. Its pretty much our only option right now due to parts availability. Im real close to marion and kokomo area so if anyone within 50 miles of me has a dana 28 that will work, name your price and ill pick it up.
a first generation explorer front diff or 89-92 ranger front will bolt in it no prob just find one with the same gear ratio ......btw it would be a dana 35 a jeep dana 35 is a rear diff and wont work in the front of the bronco

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22