89 broncoll computer question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beachbumtroy

Reaction score
ok guys found out my computer is bad and just to let u know i`am ordering a new one monday....but my question is...does anybody have or know where i can get a diagram for the old computer board?reason is my is definately burnt but i`d like to know what part it was that burnt and if it was old age or something cause it? its a 1989 broncoll 2.9 motor,auto,2wd and i was just hoping that i can find out the part thats burnt to see if i can prevent it from happening again anytime soon so if u have or know of a diagram that shows the board and what each little diode and such is that would be great appreciate any and all help. thnx bb

Seabronc

Reaction score
The Ford diagrams do not show the internals of the computers. They only show the pin assignments for the input and output to the box.

Good luck,

peace.gif

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo,

Fred gave you da correct skinny on the EECs.

Typically the EEC connector terminals are corroded or wiring is damaged

or, the large capacitors leak or burn.

Capacitor Repair in a 90 5.8 Source: by seedpress (dolittle) at Ford Bronco Zone Forums

See pic, etc. Good Job!

another burnt CAP pic by Ken @ http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/kermit0069/ECM002.jpg

---------

"...The patient in question is a remanufactured A9L unit. This ECM is the one from a little notch project I'm working on. It started giving some problems starting up, engine flooding, random hesitation, missing and stalls. I opened up the ECM (the car is running with a A9S unit) after the owner brought it for a checkup.

What you see is the typical electrolytic capacitors leak, causing intermittent shorts/opens to the neighboring circuits/components and symptoms as the ones explained. Worst case scenarios with this type of failure, is a permanent no start and permanent damage to the PWB preventing it could be repaired. As soon as I replace the capacitors I'll update with the pictures showing the repairs. The following capacitor does not show any leakage problems however, it will also be replaced as a preventative measure..." read more by Joel5.0 @ http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,15654.0.html

OP
OP
B

beachbumtroy

Reaction score
yea thats what it looks like burn wise i mean turns out mine is an "AOU" (OA24)and i took it out and opened it was leaking and burnt in the corner,guess it was just from old age :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> anyway appreciate the comments and info and miesk5 if ur bored i got another one for ya to rebuild? :)thnx bb

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom