1988 bronco II fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Axident

Reaction score
I have an 88 bronco II that is not getting fuel to the engine. I was wondering how many fuel pumps or filters it has. I have looked around a bit but I can't seem to find the one definite answer. I found one on the frame on the drivers side just behind the door. I just need to know if there are more.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo,

WELCOME!

Read this; http://www.justanswer.com/ford/1et60-1988-bronco-ii-no-start.html

GL!

--------------

other info;

"..there also fuel cut-off switch instument panel near trans **** (miesk5 Note, this is called the Fuel Pump Inertia Switch; used to prevent fuel from cont. to be pumped in case of an accident, see info at end on this reply)

relay, r hand fender look for coroded connnector

fusable link on starter relay

here some prob found on those bronco

bad or corroded fuel pump relay connection / fuel cut off switch activated/

check fuse and fusable link first; check for power on frame mount pump

check gas filter

if all ok need to take gas tank off to access pump

OR, on my bronco's I made a custom made door (access panel) in rear cargo areq so future repairs don't need to take tank off again" by andre

I made some changes to Andre's info

"...There is a computer ground wire that can get unplugged and will cause your problem. The ground I'm thinking about runs near the battery to the frame ground where the battery negative cable attaches to the frame. It is a black 12 guage wire that has a pull apart connector about 1 foot above the frame. ..." by sjr

"...Two fuel pumps one in the tank and one that is just before the fuel fillter just follow the fuel line up from the fuel tank and you will find a black fuel pump that looks like a black cup But this for the 88 2.9l fuel injected model im not sure if that is for every model,,"

by viperfangs2

"the canister is a collection area before the hi flow pump, some years they had a filter in them others did not not sure what years did an didnt. the best way to take it off is with one of those oil filter belt wrench..."

check the connections that the fuel pump relay plug into... they tend to wear out over time

Ford Ranger/Bronco II Inertia Switch

www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/InertiaSwitch.html

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke