Wiring frustrations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

REDXLT79

Reaction score
I have a 1979 bronco Xlt . I just picked it up about a month ago . When i bought it I was told it had a 351m . I pulled the VIN code and it said it was a 400m . But its not either . Someone previous to the guy I bought it from put a 460 in from a torino . Awsome right ? Well it would be if the installer of the engine would have wired it all correctly . Now to my problem . It had a/c , but now it doesent . I just want to make the heater motor work properly so I won't freeze during the winter . I need either a wiring diagram , or someone's help with proper location , and wire colors to make this work properly . No big rush , Its been pretty hot lately , just want to be prepared for winter when its here . Any help is appreciated . Thanks .

Seabronc

Reaction score
I have a 1979 bronco Xlt . I just picked it up about a month ago . When i bought it I was told it had a 351m . I pulled the VIN code and it said it was a 400m . But its not either . Someone previous to the guy I bought it from put a 460 in from a torino . Awsome right ? Well it would be if the installer of the engine would have wired it all correctly . Now to my problem . It had a/c , but now it doesent . I just want to make the heater motor work properly so I won't freeze during the winter . I need either a wiring diagram , or someone's help with proper location , and wire colors to make this work properly . No big rush , Its been pretty hot lately , just want to be prepared for winter when its here . Any help is appreciated . Thanks .
Welcome to the Zone :D . The attached diagram should work for you. Post some pictures when you get a chance, we would like to :-B at them.

Good luck,

peace.gif

76fand78bronco.gif

7678fandbroncowiring.gif

OP
OP
R

REDXLT79

Reaction score
Thanks a million . Saves me a boring trip to the library . And will upload some pictures soon . Thanks again :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
R

REDXLT79

Reaction score
Flip open the wing vents , roll down the windows , and drive fast . Only the stop lights **** you .

OP
OP
R

REDXLT79

Reaction score
Thank you to the supreme commander , previous wiring issues are now in my rearview . I appreciate the diagrams . And I uploaded some pic's into an album on my profile .

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke