79 BRONCO CRUISE CONTROL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DASBRONCO

Reaction score
Hi guys!!! I'm stuck in a rut right now cause i got an issue with my truck, I got a 79 Free Wheeler with cruise control and I have no idea how it works or how to troubleshoot it. When i bought the truck the steering wheel had been replaced with a "PERSONAL" wheel. I managed to find a oem wheel with cruise control buttons, I installed it with all connections and i have no cruise control response. Under the hood I have what I believe to be the servo since it has a chain linking it to my carb, since I dont know how it works or how to check it, I beg someone please give me a hand, any diagrams, ideas, procedures, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Seabronc

Reaction score
Here ya go. These are from an 83 EVTM, but it is the same as yours. Check to see if you have a vacuum line hooked up to the brake pedal. There is a vacuum dump switch on the pedal to disengage the speed control when the brakes are applied. Also the system requires a ground brush, (looks like a spring loaded copper pin), in the signal light switch. Some signal light switches have them and others don't. I'll try remember to get you a picture of that tomorrow.

Good luck,

peace.gif

PG66.jpg

PG67.jpg

PG68.jpg

PG69.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
D

DASBRONCO

Reaction score
Thanks a whole lot Seabronc!!!!! I'll get busy right away with these and see where my problems are. Again... thanks a MILLION!!!!! You guys are the best.

Seabronc

Reaction score
OK here is the picture of the signal switch. I circled the ground brush which can be seen on your truck by removing the steering wheel. It is required for the cruise control to function properly.

Good luck,

peace.gif

Fender Removal 002.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom