My Headlight Is Fogged, Need some advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DanByler

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I hope I've posted this in the correct forum section. If not, please forgive me. I couldn't find the troubleshooting/problems section.

Anyways, I own a 88 Ford Bronco, of which the headlight (driver side) has gotten foggy. It's certainly not as transparent as the passenger side light. At first I wasn't sure why one was foggy and the other wasn't, but then I took a closer look at the foggy light and noticed a small crack on the outside casing. I believe this crack has allowed moisture to enter the light. I've heard of people restoring their headlights with special DIY kits, but I've decided to take the route of simply replacing the light with an aftermarket light from an online store. I found two sites that I particularly liked, but I'm unsure of whether or not they are legitimate businesses. Furthermore, I don't want to fall prey to a scam. Has anyone purchased from either of these sites and can verify that they are a legitimate business? The following parts match the OEM number of the one I need. Thanks in advance.

http://www.autolightsbulbs.com/1987-1991-Ford-Bronco-Headlight-Assembly/K1102085.aspx

or

http://www.autolightcenter.com/ford/bronco/headlights.html#MTI2Njg

Elmo

Reaction score
I cant say that i have purchased from them but they seem to be legit. I would buy from them and pay using paypal so as to have the buyers protection that comes with using paypal. The price seems in line with what I have found when looking for new lenses for my 1990 Bronco. I chose to use Meguiers kit but my lenses were not cracked or leaking

dadsevil

Reaction score
for a quick fix to foggy headlight lenses, this is cheap and it works if u have the time to invest in it.

1. get an old sock or rag.

2. a tube of colgate toothpaste.

3. a bottle of windex window cleaner.

Spray the lens with the window cleaner then apply some toothpaste to the sock and rub it on the lens. Continue rubbing the lens and occasionally add more windex to keep it damp. It may take awhile depending on how badly your lenses are fogged. When you are satisified with the results, use the windex to clean off the residue and the headlamp should shine bright once again.

hope this helps. it worked for me, i have a 1989 Bronco II.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sf66