wiring issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kyle716

Reaction score
has anyone tackled re-wiring from fire wall to rear end. basicly all wires o tail lights blinkers rear window are so old and brittle its making my life ****. is there any easy way to do this or step by step kind of thing. thanks

Seabronc

Reaction score
You should be able to get a kit from Painless http://www.painlesswiring.com/ ; Ron francis http://www.ronfrancis.com/ ; or the like, to do the job. I would upgrade in wire size to #12 for most of th circuits ans #10 for the tail gate window. Thinking about what goes back there, I believe you will need 3 for the tail gate, 2 for turn signals, 1 for the gas sender, 1 for the back up lights,1 for running lights and plate, 1 ground lead for lights and sender. Make up a harness and encase it in some zip tubing. Oh yeah, probably 2 for the neutral safety switch to the transmission. There could be others so check.

Good luck,

:)>-

Sean@RonFrancis

Reaction score
Hello,

I see that you're looking to rewire your car, I work for Ron Francis and I would highly recommend our system. Our kits will completely rewire your car from your headlights to your tail lights. Depending on how your Bronco is set up, I have 2 different harnesses that I would recommend: our Bare Bonz or our Express kit. Both of these would work excellently in your application. We have free catalogs that we can mail you if you wish to see what we have to offer. If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call or check out our website!

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo SEAN,

WELCOME & Great to see you here!

Here are some past RF references in this forum;

EZ-2 Wire & Ron Francis Harness Review in an 84 Source: by justshootme84, Seabronc & Broncobill78

http://broncozone.com/topic/12864-installing-new-wiring-harness/

=================

Installation in an 84

Source: by 84broncoAZ

"...Heard back from Ron Francis and they recommend the XP-784 kit. A search on this turns up less then 6 posts in Google, and most of those are from 03-04, so pretty out dated. One post recommends it for a 91 Bronco, not real encouraging because a 91 is as different from a 84 as a 77 is, so once again I might as well order someones 66-77 kit and modify it. I am waiting on a price and a catalog, and they do say they customize to fit your application, so that's a positive.

I got a few opinions on install, easier the EZ Wire, but not as plug and play as Painless. Which also reflects the average price between $400 and $600. So I'm holding off on my decision while I wait to hear back/receive my catalog from Ron.

For those wondering, they do try to match your distributor, steering column switches, and I think the ignition type, not sure about that last one.

Would still love to hear from some one with a 1980 to 1984 Bronco that used a Ron Francis setup.

Thanks..."

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke