2001 explorer sport rear diff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomassjj

Reaction score
hey i have a rear diff issue. the spider dear pin in my rear diff is th pressed in type not the kind that has a bolt holding it in place and if any of u have this u may have had the same prob. which is this bolt has workd loose and moves back n forth hittin th pinion gear. it has done this enuff to egg shape th spider gears. iam in need of th whole gear assymbly. i am lookin at replacind the whole thing axles housin and all prob just get 1 from a junk yard. my question is what years can i just do a direct swap. i have been told that the year does matter is this true or can i just swap out for th same gear ratio? i am hopin to go to an earlier model that has the bolt holdin th pin in place that way i dont have to worry about it doin this again. rite now the rear end is held to gethr by a short piece of th orginal pin with some redneck engineering " JB weld" this is just a temp fix just to get me by its not a daily driver currently but will b needed as 1 soon n i would like to have it fixd so i dont **** my self when it comes apart goin down th road. i was told by som1 at ford that it could only b swap with another 2001 rear end is this true? thanx for any help

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo