NO HEAT Effin COLD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keep Moving Forward

Reaction score
a friend of mine told me about this site (freakin glad he did) all the topics I have read you all know BRONCOS from top to bottom this is great!!!

Proud owner of a 1990 Bronco XLT

the issuse I am having is a heat problem ( I DONT HAVE ANY HEAT AT ALL TO WARM ME UP)and I am hoping one of you or all of you can help me

I dont think its my Heater Core no liquid has leaked out,no puddles of water so could it be my heater valve when I turn the heater on just cool air blows out doesnt get warm

Any help I can get or tips I would REALLY appreaciate it

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Well an FYI, my thermostat is stuck open. And I get hot heat after a bit of driving (5-10 miles) so needless to say it takes awhile.

Heater core could be clogged. Doesn't have to leak to fail

Bronc76

Reaction score
I'd start with flushing the system and change coolant and thermostat.

nelbur

Reaction score
I would bet that your blend door is not opening. That is the door that switches between A/C and heat, or a combo of each. On my '86 it is worked by the hot cold temp control. Your is likely somewhat different than mine but should have the same function. When you move it, see if the door it is connected to, is moving. The push/pull wire could have become disconnected.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo,

all good stuff!

On what nelbur mentioned, as John once wrote here; most likely your problem is going to be the blend temp door inside the HAVC box. The door is hinged by a piece of flexible plastic, the hinge wears out and breaks then it is not forced into the hot air position by the cable. I found a good one in the junk yard and replaced mine. You have to take most of the dash apart to get to the thing. It takes a while to complete this repair

Location in a 94, 80-96 similar ; "...Probably the temp blend door is loose & flopping around on its own. The easiest way to see it is to fully lower the glove box, pull the ~8 screws from the heater core cover, & look inside to the L (driver's side). You'll see the cable & control lever (in top L of 2nd pic) as soon as you fold the glovebox down, so inspect it first. The 3rd shows the whole cover - it's the large section in the top center with tiny white numbers inked near its bottom edge. The cables are visible, too...."

Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck)

ventilation8086.jpg

right-kick-modules.jpg

ERROR ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

The module I MISlabelled as "Airbag" is actually the Wiper Control Module (WCM). The Airbag Diagnostic Module (ADM) is light blue, wrapped in black foam, above the gas pedal.

dash-rear-r.jpg

CJGamer

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my 1991, and I've started working on it.

The first 2 things I did were to replace the heater core, and the overflow tank.

Before doing that, I drained as much coolant as I could.

I then ran water through the radiator a number of times with the drain valve open, until it came out kinda close to clear. Then I topped it off with coolant.

Replaced them both, and now have partial heat!!!

Next- I drove about 10 miles, and checked the level- overflow tank is empty, but no leak. So- the next step now- and I have these parts at home- are to replace the thermostat and gasket, water pump, and hoses connecting the pump to the heater core. I'm going to guess that because I already have partial heat, that my blend door is fine- as I just need to get more flow, and more powerful flow.

I think all told- the parts cost is in the area of $125. I went through partsgeek.com, but I have also ordered from broncograveyard for other stuff- and the are great, and a sponser of this site. I have a few pics up of the work I've been doing- as I just did all this 2 weeks ago.

Good Luck to you.

OP
OP
K

Keep Moving Forward

Reaction score
Thank you all very much I really appreciate all your help and suggestions

I will be working on it this weekend

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members