Front axle brake line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Angry Duck

Reaction score
I have a '79 F150 and from what I have seen, I share must of the same setup as the '79 Bronco. I have a dana 44 upfront and trying to determine how the axle brake hose is connected to the brake lines. Is the dist. block built into the axle brake line? Just one bolt fastens down that brake line to the axle?

I've been looking for diagrams online and can find some, but none that give you that level of detail.

Thanks for any feedback you can give. I'm working with my friends to replace the entire brake system and will be able to help those on this in the future. I'm trying to restore my '79 over the next year. Focus right now is to get my motor started and get this truck back on the road.

Foul Al

Reaction score
I have a '79 F150 and from what I have seen, I share must of the same setup as the '79 Bronco. I have a dana 44 upfront and trying to determine how the axle brake hose is connected to the brake lines. Is the dist. block built into the axle brake line? Just one bolt fastens down that brake line to the axle?

I've been looking for diagrams online and can find some, but none that give you that level of detail.

Thanks for any feedback you can give. I'm working with my friends to replace the entire brake system and will be able to help those on this in the future. I'm trying to restore my '79 over the next year. Focus right now is to get my motor started and get this truck back on the road.
i believe there is a union over the front pumpkin that has a flexible line that goes to the dist. block as well as a hard line that goes from that union to the drivers side to an axle housing tang and then to another flex line for the caliper. from the pumpkin union there is a hard line that goes to the pass. side and mounts to the axle housing with a tang there as well and then another flex line for that caliper. Hope this helps. good luck with your project! try hitting up a local yard that has one of your style trucks in it and take a peek.

Bronc76

Reaction score
20101121_0730.JPG20101121_0731.JPG

Looks like the dist. block it bolted to axle with the front brake hose coming down from frame.

BUCKIN'94WFO

Reaction score
Not sure if you've found your answer yet or not but you can follow this http://broncograveya...om/bronco/c-107 link to Jeffs Bronco Graveyard..the Bronco front brakes page! Look down the page for the brake lines and you can click on the images to expand 'em so you can see the detail better. There are SOME lines on that page that are NOT factory replacements( the Stainless steel hoses) so be sure to click on the less expensive choices to get the line that you "REALLY" need. You can also go to www.LMCtrucks.com click Ford and fill in the pop up ..OR drop down screen, which ever it is, and fill in what truck you have. It should then send you to the online catalog where you can pick page 136, "I think", and find your brake lines with diagrams there as well. Hope this helps you find what you're lookin' for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daffster13