Truck is having electrical problems wont start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigGreenBronco

Reaction score
Hi I have a 95 Bronco xl. Well this is how it started I was driving and the truck was running fine then it just shuts off and wont crank. I thought the fuel pump was blown because i couldnt hear it prime the engine it will turn over but wont crank also it has gas. So I check all of my fuses in the panel and they are good then i check the fuses under the hood and i found the fuse in position 22 is blown. this fuse controls the ignition coil, distributor pickup the powertrain control system relay coil and the thick film integregrated (tfi) module. So i simply replace the fuse and it starts fine then after i shut it off it wouldnt start checked the fuse and it was blown again each time i put a new fuse in it blows it i put a 40 amp fuse and it blew it too??Any ideas what could cause this?

JoeBob53

Reaction score
Hi I have a 95 Bronco xl. Well this is how it started I was driving and the truck was running fine then it just shuts off and wont crank. I thought the fuel pump was blown because i couldnt hear it prime the engine it will turn over but wont crank also it has gas. So I check all of my fuses in the panel and they are good then i check the fuses under the hood and i found the fuse in position 22 is blown. this fuse controls the ignition coil, distributor pickup the powertrain control system relay coil and the thick film integregrated (tfi) module. So i simply replace the fuse and it starts fine then after i shut it off it wouldnt start checked the fuse and it was blown again each time i put a new fuse in it blows it i put a 40 amp fuse and it blew it too??Any ideas what could cause this?

Man i wish i could help you with this..it sounds VERY SIMILAR to what im going thru, i've replaced the coil and put a new ignition modular in mine, and i'm still having electrical problems.. ELECTRIAL sucks, i'm barely a mechanic, and i'm by far no electrician. Refer to my post, 1990 won't start..

Good luck.

Joe

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
i found the fuse in position 22 is blown. this fuse controls the ignition coil, distributor pickup the powertrain control system relay coil and the thick film integregrated (tfi) module.

If you are blowing a fuse you ahve an overloaded circuit.... a short.

Try disconencting each of the components that you listed that are connected to that fuse, and see if it still blows. IF it does, then examine the harness very carefully for chafing, or worn through insulation. Feel it for where the insulation may have bubbled (from heat) look for any wires or anything that could have pierced the harness.

If, with the components disconnected it does not blow then you likely have a bad component.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Thanks Joe, I guess I wasn't wearing my :-B . That is were I was going had I not missed the entire sentence :blink: .

:)>-

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo, try this;

Hesitation, Stumble, Stall, Miss, No Start, No Spark and/or Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) 211 TSB 95-15-11 for 93-95 (Shorts in Profile Ignition Pickup (PIP) & Spark Output (SPOUT)

Source: by Ford via Chilton

http://content.chiltonsonline.com/TSB/displayTSBHandler.ashx?assetID=37119

Usually, a Short Ckt related TSB will show fuse # affected; but this one doesn't.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo,

Here is the Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual (EVTM) diagram for 95 Bronco by Ford via Ryan M

bronco_1995_21-1.gif

You can see;

Circuit 395 (GY/Y)@ top center from PCM to Splice (S145)

Circuit 929 (PK) from Spout to ICM

Ford wire color code abbreviation chart for later year Ford & Bronco:

BK Black

BL Blue

BR Brown

DB dark Blue

DG Dark Green

GN Green

GY Grey

LB Light Blue

LG Light Green

N Natural

O Orange

P Purple

PK Pink

R Red

T Tan

V Violet

W White

Y Yellow

OP
OP
B

BigGreenBronco

Reaction score
Thank you guys for the advice and for that chart im agoing to print that out to have it handy.

Somehow i got lucky and fixed the beast took off the distributer cap and rotor and cleaned the posts they had carbon build up after that i put it back togather, ran to autozone got some fuses and she runs smoothe...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke