8 Point Roll Bar Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudmagnet63

Reaction score
I started on the roll bar today. It's an 8 point that I weld together myself.It seems I may have forgot how much goes into welding and finish fitting tubing. The bars were cut to fit on every joint except for a few.I kept cutting and grinding until I had a good fit ( well most of them were a good fit) The bar is supposed to make the glove box unaccessable, but I changed the way the front sets by angling the front bars by about 5 degrees to keep my fuse box accessable. I should be done welding tomorrow and then to paint and wrap with foam and tape. I'll post some pics when I'm done.

Mud

OP
OP
M

Mudmagnet63

Reaction score
Here are a couple of shots of the 8 point bar installed. The soft top is from a Jeep JK that I had last year we modified it to fit the bronco. It.s just a little short so I'll order a new one this fall. Now time to start sanding the hard top.

bronco with bar.jpg

bronco side shot .jpg

S_bolt19

Reaction score
Looks good, where did you get the cage from? Did you get your glove box taken care of too?

OP
OP
M

Mudmagnet63

Reaction score
The bar came from toms bronco parts it was pre cut and I had to weld it but I saved about $500 by doing so. The glove box issue was resolved by angling the front bars all the way to the outside of the interior.

glove box.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno