What does everyone think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fritz180

Reaction score
Ok, I'm coming close to finishing the outside of the truck besides the paint, but I'll worry about that later. I would like to have a little input on the way it looks. I thought it would be different to have a bronco with side pipes because I've never seen one and just looking for what other people think. If you have any suggestions let me know, I'm open to anything.

Thanks2010-04-13 15.27.52.jpg

OP
OP
F

Fritz180

Reaction score
I want to apologize now, sorry for the pic being so big if you click on it. Still trying to get the whole uploading pictures thing.

Bronc76

Reaction score
The side are fine as long as you don't mind the exhaust noise when the window is down.

I like the color combo.

AdamDude04

Reaction score
I likes it..though that color is crappy as all crap LOL

I like the wheels and great choice on tires..clearly you know your stuff and don't skimp out

OP
OP
F

Fritz180

Reaction score
I've never had side pipes before, but as of right now they aren't that loud. I'm putting it on the road friday so I'll find out then how loud it actually is. What colors would one suggest for the paint? What do you mean about rain guards? The metal ones that sit above the window?

Thanks again for the info.

2percent

Reaction score
Yeh thats the ones. Its just something I like but some dont. As far as color What you have isn't bad just needs that pop. I mean yeah you can always "****" it out and make it bling. But just some fresh paint the same color would even do wonders. If you were seeking to change colors Im partial to grays whites and black. Maybe a tricolor where the brown is now with gray side stripes and some white lettering on tinted windows would be nice imo

OP
OP
F

Fritz180

Reaction score
Well I was thinking of going with the original colors which is the brown and white maybe with a little metallic in it. I have the windows tinted now but I think I'm going to remove the tint on the front windows. The rains shields I'm not a big fan of.. I like them on alot of cars but for some reason I just can't see them on a truck..

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Personally,I dont like side pipes.I think they look stupid.Also a couple of things to consider.You ever see vehicles with the exhaust too close to the body?They always seem to rust out where the pipes are,I dont know why.Also I had my pipes coming out in front of my rear tires,And any time my rear window was down or the top was off,I could always smell exhaust from the air current pulling it into the truck.After a while you get tired of smelling it.But your truck,Do what YOU like. :)>-

OP
OP
F

Fritz180

Reaction score
For some reason I've always like them, not sure exactly why.. The pipes were pricey but not too pricey, so if later on down the road when I do pull the roof and the smell gets annoying I won't feel to bad ripping them off and putting regular pipes on. Thanks for your input though.. By the way i finally drove it today for the first time in 17 months and what a thrill it was.. I'm so happy to be behind the wheel of it again.

Foul Al

Reaction score
For some reason I've always like them, not sure exactly why.. The pipes were pricey but not too pricey, so if later on down the road when I do pull the roof and the smell gets annoying I won't feel to bad ripping them off and putting regular pipes on. Thanks for your input though.. By the way i finally drove it today for the first time in 17 months and what a thrill it was.. I'm so happy to be behind the wheel of it again.
I have to agree with muddriver, side pipes look dumb to me. also you WILL GET EXHAUSTED with the side pipes. the only thing i have seen that stops that effect is a spoiler on the rear of the cap. As for the color scheme.. thats totally your preference. who is this truck for? all of us here or for you? build what you like not what someone else likes. and pimpin isnt an atribute that suites these trucks at all.

Seabronc

Reaction score
I know where you are at. Mine has been off the road for a year now while I pick away at replacing rusted metal, floor boards, rockers, tub patches, rear body support, new 1/4s, body mounts, etc.

The pipes look nice, but like mudriver said, there is something about the air currents that spoils the enjoyment. That even happens with stock exhaust if the tail gate bottom seal leaks air.

Good luck,

:)>-

broncodev435

Reaction score
looks good man... i was thinking on maybe doing something similar but decided against it... I think that flat black would look good on your rig. It would give new light to the wheels and tires and really let that exhaust shine. Just my opinion :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Johnny Reb

Reaction score
#1-its your truck. Your ride. Myself, I am putting Thrush side pipes on mine .They point down and hope they don,t let fumes in. On my XLT --the exhaust come out in front of the rear wheel and I don,t get fumes in. Now it is loud--even with the windows up and new thrush mufflers on. Like one guy said--he,d like his flat black. I might get mine done in black primer .like back in the 60,s style. Your truck looks nice. Wish mine was a nice. Congratulations on your ride. Sounds like you had been overseas pulling duty--if so--welcome home brother.Thanks for everything you all have done and are doing.

OP
OP
F

Fritz180

Reaction score
Well I've been driving it and I smell the exhaust a little but not much. It is not as loud as I thought it would be but I'm happy with it. I bought it from the second owner in Phoenix az, so its pretty much rust free. I'm not enlisted in the military, but I am as well thankful for everything they are doing. I'm just moving a little slow with the truck.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncooze