Throttle linkage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Panchos95

Reaction score
I'm new to the bronco seen! I just purchased a 1995 xlt with a 5.8! Has a lift, 35's, I already added a k&n filter, 3" cat back exhuast, and have a few things I want to do!!! I noticed the throttle linkage has a kink in it, right where it mounts on the throttle body!! How hard is it to replace, or fix?! I would appreciate some help! I will post pics of my Bronco soon!

OP
OP
P

Panchos95

Reaction score
yo;

get a replacement at a yard and just do what waltman did;

http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/488497

Remove the throttle cable cover

The throttle cable is removed by prying upwards at the bracket to remove it and simply prying upward at the throttle body with the same ***** driver.
Thank you, how about the connection at the gas pedal? That plastic tube or sleeve that has the spring is what's binding up on mine. I don't know if I have to replace the full cable? Or can I just replace the link where it mounts from throttle body?

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd replace the entire cable; its about $20.00 from our sponsor here; Jeff's or NAPA, etc.

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-30792C-froogle.htm

80THROTTLECABLE.JPG

FYI;

Accelerator Pedal Failure in 92-96; "...The pedal arm is simply pressed onto the splines of the shaft, and it can slide sideways, becoming loose & noisy. To fix it, lay the pedal arm across the jaws of a vise with the pedal mounting bracket free between the jaws. Then hammer the pivot shaft down thru the pedal arm like a nail thru a board. If the pedal is still loose, use a blunt drift to damage the splines, then drive the pedal onto the damaged area, & damage the splines on the other side to lock it in..." Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at SuperMotors.net

acceleratorpedal.jpg

ok? have to roll now; will be back Sunday or Monday

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think the cable can be taken apart; the plastic sleeve/tube prevents moisture from creeping into the inners and freezing in cold weather; and keeps crud out internally.

OP
OP
P

Panchos95

Reaction score
I don't think the cable can be taken apart; the plastic sleeve/tube prevents moisture from creeping into the inners and freezing in cold weather; and keeps crud out internally.
Thank you for the help, I changed it out!

95 buckin bronco

Reaction score
hey i know everyone does the lift with 35s but the k&n and year with 351 sound like a truck i use to know (my cousins) can u post some pics?it would be pretty cool to know someone on here that bought a truck i use to work on.

OP
OP
P

Panchos95

Reaction score
I wanted to put more pics, but it doesn't allow them from my phone! Says it's to large!! There is one picture, I just bought it feb 10! Put a new set of remmington wide brute 35x12, flowmaster 40 series, k&n fipk filter, that's it for now!!! Need a few new mods, thinking about a light bar! It has a procomp lift, tinted windows, 5.8! And loving it!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22