HI/LOW HID kit review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Well I finally got my Hi/Low HID kit installed. Because of how unsure I was of this setup, I orderd the "Raptor" kit from DDM.. only difference from the Slim kits I've got from them, is the size of the ballast. The cost was $29.99 for the Raptor kit, or $49.99 for the slim kit plus $25 on those prices for the Hi/Low bulbs.

Anywho, so like all HID kits, they were plug/play so very easy to install.

The bulb setup is pretty intersting.. but fit like a normal hologen bulb ofcouse.

After testing the setup at night.. the bulb dosn't get "brighter"..it just moves inword to reflect differently in the headlight housing. This changes the beam pattern. It works, but to be honest, the HID kit alone is much brighter than the hologen high beams. I don't forsee any use for high beams with an HID kit with this type of setup (Hi/Low in 1 bulb per headlight).

..however, I have HIDs for both my highbeam and low beam in my new truck (has quad headlights) and that is brighter than the sun LOL

Overall, I don't recomend the extra $25 for the Hi/Low bulbs.. I've never found the need to use high beams after I got my HIDs installed and find it a waste of money.

(And for you HID non-believers - I've yet to be flashed by on-coming traffic and have adjusted my headlights properly)

1989 Bronco 4x4 XLT

Reaction score
I know this is old but what kit did you get? The 35W or the 55W kit? I have the same Bronco you have. Thanks

Ken

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom