slow to fuel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordsohc46

fordsohc46
Reaction score
i ve noticed on my 95 bronco it kicks the pump off even on the first lock notch. i have to stand there and barely open the nozzle to put fuel in it. takes forever to put in 30 gal. when i run it low. has anyone had this problem and do u know how to fix it?

50joe

Reaction score
If you take the tube out, it will just keep clicking off the pump. It needs it to help route the fumes properly for just that reason.

OP
OP
fordsohc46

fordsohc46

fordsohc46
Reaction score
i have a rubber hose inside my filler pipe and it had been cut off about an inch from where it comes out of the metal filler neck. i couldnt find any fuel hose that size that was for fuel so i got a piece of the plastic flex pipe like for a washing machine and attatched it and put it in. i tried refueling and i could run the nozzle wide open it didnt shut off until it hit 26 gal. which was full. so as long as the plastic holds up i think its fixed. thks to everyone for the help.

AdamDude04

Reaction score
I'm a bit lost on the tubing you've added..

I have the same issue and it annoys me. Made me go out and buy a new truck LOL But how did you access the inner hose, and how di dyou attach additonal hose?

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Adam;

Napa and Kragen has the fuel hose with the blue lining inside for about $7.00 a foot but it looks like real quality...by JKossarides

here ya go; Removal & Repairs in an 83 (he did an EFI Swap)

Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at SuperMotors.net

an excerpt; Loosen the hose clamp at the tank & pull the outer filler neck off the tank. There is another hard plastic hose inside, which also must be removed from the tank.

see http://www.supermotors.net/registry/2742/12737

go thru that album

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom