Door trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TX '73

Reaction score
I'm trying to avoid taking the panel off the passenger side to see what the door release mechanism is attached to (other than the inner handle)to make the door open. In other words, door won't open from inside. Outside handle works fine. Inner door handle moves the spring on the release mechanism but I don't know what connects to the release to make it release the door. I've tried to find a good diagrams but...not so much. Also I don't see anything loose inside the door. If all else fails I'll open up the driver side but would rather avoid.

Danke

OP
OP
T

TX '73

Reaction score
I'm trying to avoid taking the panel off the passenger side to see what the door release mechanism is attached to (other than the inner handle)to make the door open. In other words, door won't open from inside. Outside handle works fine. Inner door handle moves the spring on the release mechanism but I don't know what connects to the release to make it release the door. I've tried to find a good diagrams but...not so much. Also I don't see anything loose inside the door. If all else fails I'll open up the driver side but would rather avoid.

Danke
dordiahandles.jpg

S_bolt19

Reaction score
The door assembly is pretty easy to pull off & put back on in less than an hour. I have done it several times. But what it sounds like is that the rod coming from the interior flap latch isn't pulling the rod far enough to engage the lock mechanism on the back of the door. You are probably going to have to pull the panel off and adjust that one rod. When you do adjust it, it should slide into the flap latch without having to pull it, it literally should just slide in there.

OP
OP
T

TX '73

Reaction score
Thanks Sbolt19, you sort of told me what I expected. I have the panel off by the way. I've been working on the glass, guides, etc so that's why the panel is off. With the panel off I can see everything inside the door but I don't see a rod connected to the inner flap to lock mechanism. I must have accidentally knocked it loose. Problem is I can't seem to find it.

So just to confirm: there is a rod that goes from the inner flap to the lock mechanism? Makes sense cause what else would actuate the mechanism? I suppose I haven't looked close enough, been cold as ***** and been in too bigahurry.

Thanks

brandontrue

Reaction score
My bronco's door is easy to open on the inside but very difficult on the outside. I took off the panel to look inside and took off the door handle itself, thinking maybe something was causing friction there but that was not the case. What is making the door so hard to open?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke