4 replies to this topic

#1 TX '73

TX '73

Bronco Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:16 PM

I'm trying to avoid taking the panel off the passenger side to see what the door release mechanism is attached to (other than the inner handle)to make the door open. In other words, door won't open from inside. Outside handle works fine. Inner door handle moves the spring on the release mechanism but I don't know what connects to the release to make it release the door. I've tried to find a good diagrams but...not so much. Also I don't see anything loose inside the door. If all else fails I'll open up the driver side but would rather avoid.

Danke
'73 Bronco Ranger
3.5" WH suspension lift
2 barrel carb - 302
gorilla flares
4pt roll bar
flowmaster exhaust
leaky 9in rear
front disc brakes

#2 TX '73

TX '73

Bronco Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:18 PM

I'm trying to avoid taking the panel off the passenger side to see what the door release mechanism is attached to (other than the inner handle)to make the door open. In other words, door won't open from inside. Outside handle works fine. Inner door handle moves the spring on the release mechanism but I don't know what connects to the release to make it release the door. I've tried to find a good diagrams but...not so much. Also I don't see anything loose inside the door. If all else fails I'll open up the driver side but would rather avoid.

Danke

Attached Thumbnails

• dordiahandles.jpg

'73 Bronco Ranger
3.5" WH suspension lift
2 barrel carb - 302
gorilla flares
4pt roll bar
flowmaster exhaust
leaky 9in rear
front disc brakes

#3 S_bolt19

S_bolt19

Bronco Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • Interests:Broncos and hockey are my hobbies, though some say obsessions. I also like to hunt, fish & 'wheel when ever possible.

Posted 05 February 2010 - 10:41 AM

The door assembly is pretty easy to pull off & put back on in less than an hour. I have done it several times. But what it sounds like is that the rod coming from the interior flap latch isn't pulling the rod far enough to engage the lock mechanism on the back of the door. You are probably going to have to pull the panel off and adjust that one rod. When you do adjust it, it should slide into the flap latch without having to pull it, it literally should just slide in there.

72 Daily Driver

- 5.0 EFI - NP435 - BB 9" 4.11 ARB Locked - D44 4.10 ARB Locked - Onboard Air - Front & Rear Disk -
- Yukon Axles - D & C Extreme Rock Bumpers - Hydro-boost - Stone Crusher Steering -

No honey, those were always on there.....

Motorstats.com Your Racing Headquarters

#4 TX '73

TX '73

Bronco Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:00 PM

Thanks Sbolt19, you sort of told me what I expected. I have the panel off by the way. I've been working on the glass, guides, etc so that's why the panel is off. With the panel off I can see everything inside the door but I don't see a rod connected to the inner flap to lock mechanism. I must have accidentally knocked it loose. Problem is I can't seem to find it.

So just to confirm: there is a rod that goes from the inner flap to the lock mechanism? Makes sense cause what else would actuate the mechanism? I suppose I haven't looked close enough, been cold as shite and been in too bigahurry.

Thanks
'73 Bronco Ranger
3.5" WH suspension lift
2 barrel carb - 302
gorilla flares
4pt roll bar
flowmaster exhaust
leaky 9in rear
front disc brakes

#5 brandontrue

brandontrue

Bronco Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Favorite Bronco Year?:1976

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:18 PM

My bronco's door is easy to open on the inside but very difficult on the outside. I took off the panel to look inside and took off the door handle itself, thinking maybe something was causing friction there but that was not the case. What is making the door so hard to open?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users