Dont forget the Fuel Accummilator Filter!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StreetRat

Reaction score
~I have gots to post this~

In a way, there are two filters. Inside the fuel accumilator is a wix#33268 filter. Clogged to the gills! Previous owner changed it before also. Teeth marks on it.

Blew my mind, I did not know that and never heard of it. As in, any other posts, its not even mentioned, nor in Haynes book. But one of the first filters at Advance On-Line and Napa. Guess more truck owers should be aware of this lil' nugget.

Well, the parts store closed for today.

Check into it... Hopefully this will help others!!!

~All have a ~Merry Christmas~ All others ~To each his own~

Many Blessings...

Accummulator.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
Hey StreetRat!

Welcome to the broncozone!

I didn't know that there is a filter in there, but I think that the part you are referring to is commonly referred to as the fuel reservoir.

There was a frame mounted fuel reservoir between the in-tank low pressure pump, and the frame mounted high pressure pump in th early EFI models. It served fuel to the high pressure pump for a short time if the truck was on such an incline that fuel in the tank moved away from the pick up tube of the low pressure pump.

OP
OP
StreetRat

StreetRat

Reaction score
Thanks BroncoJoe.

Found a new problem. The check valve for the inlet of the accummilator/reservoir is bad. Stays closed causing very little fuel to enter.

Anyone think it could be removed without signifigant stress to pump in the tank?

Check_Valve.JPG

OP
OP
StreetRat

StreetRat

Reaction score
I am mobile! Repaired check valve in fuel accumilator/reservoir and fixed other line restrictions I didnt know about. As expected, runs like a Rat outta ****. Thanks for all the insight and recommendations. Excellent forum.

Forever Obeying Responsible Drivers...

Question for BroncoJoe:

I tried pulling codes like you and the Haynes book say to with the 'wire' between the two connectors on the stated terminals. The CEL does nothing and no sounds of anything happening.

Normal driving it is usually on, sometimes it flashes.

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke