3 replies to this topic

#1 ted_nicolas

ted_nicolas

Bronco Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 11:53 AM

1971 Uncut Bronco w/205-75-15 (29") A/T tires:
Variable rate coils and leafs from: Jeff's Bronco Graveyard or James Duff?
Anyone had both systems for comparison, or a combo of parts from both?
(10-leaf, 11-leaf, or 12 leaf)?
Also, eventually I would like to fit 32" tires in UNCUT wells (narrow tires OK).
I've read it can be done, but seen no details like tire size/brand/photos.
2.5" or 3.5" lift to achieve this?
Ted B)

#2 Sodfather

Sodfather

Bronco Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 05:50 PM

I do not know about jeffs or duffs lifts.

I do have a 2.5" lift from BC broncos and I have 30" tires on it I plan on going to 32 or 33 my fenders are cut but I would think that 32s would fit fine.

Here is a link of some lift and tire combos LINK

Sodfather

#3 67halfcab

67halfcab

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 08:35 AM

I'm running a 3.5" lift from Duffs with dual shocks on all 4 corners.

My only complaint is the dual shocks in the rear, they make the ride really rough but with singles in the rear I'm very satisfied with Duff's suspension.

#4 mattnkc74

mattnkc74

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 05:20 PM

ted im lookin to do the same thing but with a 3.5 lift super swamper makes the trxus mt radial in a metric size its a 235/85R16 thats essentialy a 32x9.00 thats the closest thing i found that should tuck inside without problems you could also check on backspacing theres also a 255/85R16 which is almost a 33x10 but then theres the rim thing if your not into fancy you can pick up those white spoked rock crawler rims in a 16x7 new relativly cheap. I have 31 10.50s on a stock 69 and there tight. check four wheel parts wholsalers online they have prices and a conversion table those tires are cheap compared to other mts out there.
Ive used the james duff 2.5 in lift on a 77 was happy with it i went cheap with add a leafs though i think those guys powder coat everything which is good. plus there a progressive/variable rate.

Attached Thumbnails

• Image_01.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users