C4 Recomended Fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scrub

Reaction score
What type of tranny fluid is supposed to be used in the C4? Type F or mercon?

OP
OP
S

scrub

Reaction score
I had the tranny rebuilt in 04 at a tranny shop. Do u think they would have changed anything. Upgraded clutch packs that require Mercon or anything like that? What would happen if type F & mercon were mixed? Would it be best to drain everything and start fresh with type F? Or would it be better to switch to Mercon as it is much easier to find?

Bronc76

Reaction score
scrub- what has happened to the tranny to make you think the wrong fluid was used? if the shop changed anything or upgraded something then they should have let you know, i know that i'd want to know. they should have put type F back into the tranny. i'm not sure what would happen if the two fluids are mixed, but i'm sure it would effect the internal components. someone else probably knows this and will post. type F should be just as easy to find as mercon as there are still alot of C4's around.

OP
OP
S

scrub

Reaction score
Just changed the motor so the torque converter was drained. Went to top it up and the dipstick said Mercon. I was pretty sure it was supposed to have type F. Just wanted to be sure. A buddy of mine said that if u mix the two types of fluid the can gunk up and damage tranny. Just trying to save myself some hassles with a little research.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke