92-96 front clip on a 89 bronco (body panels)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steves89bronco

Reaction score
does anyone know if a 92-96 front clip (body panels) will fit a 89 bronco I know I need to change rad support I also know that the doors and 1/4 panels are the same part number from 80 -96 just the rest is different I can not see any problems myself but was hoping for some in sight from some who knows for sure and has possibly even done it thanks alot

bigbluebronc

Reaction score
WHY would you do this,WHY, do ya need too go pimpin?, If ya want a 96 go buy it, it would be cheaper and less work, swap your good parts over too the 96, if ya have any and sell off the old bronco, you could almost break even, enless the front of the old B is wrecked, then go too the wrecking yard and then I dont know if they bolt up but they could if your good, with the welder and cutter they will..Then Yo go pimpin yo!!!HAHa Just teasing

BBB

Broncobill78

Reaction score
You got it, you'll need to swap the radiator support and change the nose as an entire clip. You'll also need to change out the front cowl (the piece between the windshield and hood) as well. Other than that I believe that repinning the headlight connectors (the hi/lo switch won't work correctly otherwise) is all you need to do. I think Blade has done this swap and can tell you more for sure, you might try searching for a post of his from awhile back explaining when he did.

Edit: I found Blade's original post on swapping a 5th generation (92-96) nose onto a 4th generation (87-91) body. You might find it helpful: http://broncozone.com/forums/index.php?sho...ront+clip\

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
S

steves89bronco

Reaction score
sweet thanks guys and yes the front end is done I decided to see if it could climb trees it does lol I gotthe bronco for 200$ it needed new 1/4 panels and a left fender when I got it now needs hood grille front bumper and the rad support is rusty so needs to be changed anyway it has 161,000 km on it inside is very nice so I figure it is a good truck to put some money in it I have always been chevy I had a 68 camaro and all chev stuff got a f-150 for free one day but a 2wd so I started looking for a 4x4 and found this I love it and truth be told I am a bodyman my dad has owned a shop for about 35 years so I am capable of this just wanted to make sure before order all parts and end up screwed somewhere thanks alot guys and you to bronco joe

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom