Bumpers (raise or remove)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbluebronc

Reaction score
Got these bumpers that looks like I am riding with my pants at half mast.

Never hit any thing with them, never saved any sheet metal, like I care.

Thinkin how too raise up, or remove and just run reciever hitch for, reciever winch, have on the front a winch, would need the same on front. Will try too attach pics.

Darn things must push 65+ pounds each, more on the front , not worried about lights the can go any where.....

Thanks for the ideas

BBB

101_4314.JPG

101_4311.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

S_bolt19

Reaction score
Personally, I like having stout bumpers, or bumperettes. I see that you already have bobbed the front & rear, so that is giving the "half mast" look, but look at it this way; if you hit a rock or log right now with those bumpers, you are saving body damage. Both for the front & rear. If you hit something in the front, you are going to move the core support and it will in turn move the radiator, lights, possibly move the fenders & hood. If you come down on something in the rear, you have the tailgate. Not that there isn't as much in the rear to mess up, but you run the risk of racking your hard top & the side rail fenders as well. Just my thoughts. If anything, Make sure those bumpers don't hang too much lower than the frame rails.

crankman

Reaction score
Personally, I like having stout bumpers, or bumperettes. I see that you already have bobbed the front & rear, so that is giving the "half mast" look, but look at it this way; if you hit a rock or log right now with those bumpers, you are saving body damage. Both for the front & rear. If you hit something in the front, you are going to move the core support and it will in turn move the radiator, lights, possibly move the fenders & hood. If you come down on something in the rear, you have the tailgate. Not that there isn't as much in the rear to mess up, but you run the risk of racking your hard top & the side rail fenders as well. Just my thoughts. If anything, Make sure those bumpers don't hang too much lower than the frame rails.
My thought on this is you have a nice bronco anything that could help protect is good in my book. keep em on there they look fine your rig looks sharp, if i passed you on the road i never would have thought droopy anything.

OP
OP
bigbluebronc

bigbluebronc

Reaction score
My rig is way twisted, it has been rolled before I got it, the doors will never line up, the top only has two bolts on the windshield, had too put a comalong on the cage too striaten so the passenger door would just close, the frame is strait though did all the measurements, its within an 1/8th, there are no inner fender wells on the front, the front and rear are cut within an inch of the top body line, it rattles and squeeks like a broken washing machine, not too worried about body damage the doors I got for 100, tail gate 75 and top 200.. there are no rocker panels they are cut off below the door and have 2x4 steel tubing welded and bolted, for rock sliders and such...

Thinking after alls response(thanks), reciever bumpers with tube outriggers for the rear and same for the front with a stinger front. then gonna and now gonna put it on the rocks, and wreck it and see other posts lower it down too a 3.5 lift...

Thanks guys for input, its just a trail rig

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke