4 replies to this topic

#1 BigBear

BigBear

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:37 PM

I'm lookin at new shocks and the question was asked if the Bronco was lifted or not. Don't laugh, but how to you tell if your Bronco is lifted or not?

#2 POTTER

POTTER

Bronco Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:34 AM

If you look under the rear you can tell if there are blocks between the leaf springs and axle...if they did a block out back. In the front it would depend on the the lift..if there are drop brakcets, steering stabilizers (shocks mounted sideways in the front end??), extended raduis arms...etc. THey are looking to make sure they provide you the right length of shock...you could just measure the shock at sitting height and that should help them out.

#3 S_bolt19

S_bolt19

Bronco Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • Interests:Broncos and hockey are my hobbies, though some say obsessions. I also like to hunt, fish & 'wheel when ever possible.

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:02 PM

Measure the height from the axle tubes to the frame directly over the axle. Front should be 7" or 7.5", I don't remember, but the rear axle will be the other measurement. Steering stabilizers came stock on most EBs, so that doesn't help you out, but the brackets, and such are a good indicator that it has been lifted or at least modified. But the easiest way to tell, if you don't know, is to measure the distance between axle & frame.

72 Daily Driver

- 5.0 EFI - NP435 - BB 9" 4.11 ARB Locked - D44 4.10 ARB Locked - Onboard Air - Front & Rear Disk -
- Yukon Axles - D & C Extreme Rock Bumpers - Hydro-boost - Stone Crusher Steering -

No honey, those were always on there.....

Motorstats.com Your Racing Headquarters

#4 BigBear

BigBear

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:12 PM

Thanks,

Edited by BigBear, 12 March 2009 - 07:28 PM.

#5 mwood

mwood

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:29 AM

Thanks,

Also just at a glance, on an unlifted bronco the top of the rear tire rim is the same height as the bottom of the door.

Mike

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users