oil pressure and water temp senders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red Green Jr

Reaction score
When I bought my 78, it did not include the water temp and oil pressure senders so I dont have a reference for replacement. I bought new ones but I have no idea where they go. Previous posts have told me that oil pressure is located behind the intake manifold and the water temp is on the intake manifold. But when I looked to find the holes, I found way too many to decide which was which. It would be really great if someone could post some pics of where their senders are located. Thanks very much.

Fritz180

Reaction score
I've tried doing a quick search online for some pictures for you, but couldn't find any.. If you have a 351/400m engine. The oil pressure sender is located right behind the air intake (closest to the firewall on the block itself) its the only fitting back there. The water temp sensor is right next to the alternator. I I believe it is a little to the left of it. Where the 2 of them are located there is no other holes around them. If this doesn't help let me know, and I will go outside tomorrow evening and take 2 pictures for you.

Mike

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Yes, I went to AutoZone's website and entered a search for component information for a 78 Bronco 351M.

No coolant or engine temp sensor was indicated, but it did have a listing for the oil pressure switch:

" Under hood, center, lower engine area, mounted on front driver side of engine "

On the 351W, this is right next to the oil filter. Like Fritz, I'd have to look at the engine to verify this. JSM84

Bronc76

Reaction score
After reading this post, i had to go outside to look because i didnt know where they were. on the 400 the oil pressure is located on back side of intake (fritz was right) under EGR valve. couldnt really see the water temp but i think it is near alt.

muddybronco79

Reaction score
looking at the engine from the front, the temp sensor is between the alternator and water pump on the front facing the radiator. or you can pull some of those stupid vaccum lines off the water neck and stick it there in one of those fittings

OP
OP
Red Green Jr

Red Green Jr

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I found 'em! I was only able to take a picture of the oil pressure sending unit though.

Slide1.jpg

79Effie400

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I found 'em! I was only able to take a picture of the oil pressure sending unit though.
Thanks for the pic. I have searched my manuals but neither of them show or tell where the sensor is. with your pic I was able to find it immediately. My gauge is acting up pretty bad so it is either the gauge or the sensor ad now i know where to look.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo