Where to buy PARTS????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

old betsy

Reaction score
Hey folks, I'm new to the site and still trying to figure out how to get my way around here. I'm looking for some input from some folks that have done some frame off restorations. I have a 71 Bronco Sport that I have torn down to the bare frame. I'm at the point that I need to start making some decisons on who to buy parts from. I plan to make the ride a nice weekend cruiser, no rocks or mud. It came with a manuel 3 speed on the column and a stock 302 with 3.50 gears. I;m thinking about going to a 4.56 gear, an 88-93 C4 AOD Tranny, and rebuild the 302 with carb putting out around 350 HP. I want to put 35" tires under her too. I have all the Old Bronco Dealer catalogs but I want to do business with a company that has quality products and will take care of me after the sale if I have any problems. My worst fear is to spend all this money and once I'm done, wish I had done something different. So please, if anyone has "been there and done that" I would really, really like to hear your comments and or recommendations. I'm not mechanic nor a gear head of any kind. I went through High School driving one of these old broncos back in the late 80's and told myself one day I want to rebuild one from the ground up. Well, I'm at that point now, just nervous about what direction to go.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo!

From our Sponsor here; Jeff's Bronco Graveyard Jeff's is one of the largest & most popular Early Bronco vendors. In business for 20 years, they specialize in both restoration and off-road parts. Featuring an extensive online catalog and very complete web site. - INCLUDING:

Diagram Archives

Ford Shop Manuals

1966-77 Bronco Diagrams.

1974 Wiring Schematic.

Brake troubleshooting guide

1973-79 PU & 78-79 Bronco Diagrams.

1966-79 Ford Sales Brochures

5.0 Powerplant Tech Articles

5.0 Supercharging & Nitrous

They also are good enuf to show other sites;

Other Bronco Related Resources~

BroncoZone

BroncoHQ

Bronco.com

Classic Broncos - see their Parts Supplier List too! many of these sites are shown as hot links

Early Bronco Registry

Early Bronco Tech Site

Northwest Vintage Broncos

Early Bronco Web Ring

All Off Road

LMC TRUCK

OP
OP
O

old betsy

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! My game plan is one that I welcome input on and I appreciate your reply.

yo!From our Sponsor here; Jeff's Bronco Graveyard Jeff's is one of the largest & most popular Early Bronco vendors. In business for 20 years, they specialize in both restoration and off-road parts. Featuring an extensive online catalog and very complete web site. - INCLUDING:

Diagram Archives

Ford Shop Manuals

1966-77 Bronco Diagrams.

1974 Wiring Schematic.

Brake troubleshooting guide

1973-79 PU & 78-79 Bronco Diagrams.

1966-79 Ford Sales Brochures

5.0 Powerplant Tech Articles

5.0 Supercharging & Nitrous

They also are good enuf to show other sites;

Other Bronco Related Resources~

BroncoZone

BroncoHQ

Bronco.com

Classic Broncos - see their Parts Supplier List too! many of these sites are shown as hot links

Early Bronco Registry

Early Bronco Tech Site

Northwest Vintage Broncos

Early Bronco Web Ring

All Off Road

LMC TRUCK

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
old betsy, welcome to Bronco Zone!!! I did a "frame-on" restoration on my 84 Bronco, and purchased many parts from Bronco Graveyard.Their customer service and shipping are A-1 in my book, and I continue to buy parts from them. Seems like this project is never finished!!! Some of the things you'll have to decide on is whether to use OEM (original equipment manufacture), NOS (new order stock) or repop (reproduction) items as you do the resto. I opted for mostly repop to save money and where the OEm item was discontinued. It sounds like you have a vision of the finsihed bronco, and that's what I recommend. I also try to upgrade to stronger parts whenever I can. I'm currently working on a 66 Mustang, JSM84

rubberdust

Reaction score
As a friend of mine likes to remind me "just because you have tools doesn't make you a mechanic"

You wont go wrong looking to Jeff's Bronco graveyard 1st I've bought quite a bit of pieces from them over the years & been real happy!

LMC has been ok for somethings I didn't find @ JBG I've had to return a few things which was a hassel but they always worked it out with me.

Parts Train has a bunch of stuff but........you get what you pay for & you don't pay much, there's a difference between inexpensive & cheap most of what I've got there was cheap.

I've spent serious time & money on rear end save the time & grief call Currie spend the money & be HAPPY!

Johnny Reb

Reaction score
I have bought off of Jeff,s Bronco and was really pleased with the parts and service. I will be buying off of them again in the near future.

Johnny Reb

Reaction score
I have bought off of Jeff,s Bronco and was really pleased with the parts and service. I will be buying off of them again in the near future.

white night

Reaction score
JBG did me good on my 1/4 fenders they shiped them to me and they got bent up i called them they said to have ABF bring them back and also set out a new set same day.

oldtimer

Reaction score
welcome youll get a lot of help on here a lot of guys on here and they all know what they are talking about. im not trying to start a promlem but i have 1 ? why do u want to use a c4 or a aod tranny. If youre trying to get 350 plus horse power i would use a c6 tranny just because they are a bullet proof tranny there stronger than heck. just a recommandation or if u plan on putting some $ into this truck you could even put a E4od in this truck Baumans.com has a computer that just runs the tranny. I am just saying that the Aod was mainly used in the rangers and mustangs and c4 pretty much the same

Johnny Reb

Reaction score
welcome youll get a lot of help on here a lot of guys on here and they all know what they are talking about. im not trying to start a promlem but i have 1 ? why do u want to use a c4 or a aod tranny. If youre trying to get 350 plus horse power i would use a c6 tranny just because they are a bullet proof tranny there stronger than heck. just a recommandation or if u plan on putting some $ into this truck you could even put a E4od in this truck Baumans.com has a computer that just runs the tranny. I am just saying that the Aod was mainly used in the rangers and mustangs and c4 pretty much the same
The only problem I have with the c6 is going down a hill in rough roads. The do not want to hold back.Other then that. I have not(knock on wood) had any problems with it.

Johnny Reb

Reaction score
Hey folks, I'm new to the site and still trying to figure out how to get my way around here. I'm looking for some input from some folks that have done some frame off restorations. I have a 71 Bronco Sport that I have torn down to the bare frame. I'm at the point that I need to start making some decisons on who to buy parts from. I plan to make the ride a nice weekend cruiser, no rocks or mud. It came with a manuel 3 speed on the column and a stock 302 with 3.50 gears. I;m thinking about going to a 4.56 gear, an 88-93 C4 AOD Tranny, and rebuild the 302 with carb putting out around 350 HP. I want to put 35" tires under her too. I have all the Old Bronco Dealer catalogs but I want to do business with a company that has quality products and will take care of me after the sale if I have any problems. My worst fear is to spend all this money and once I'm done, wish I had done something different. So please, if anyone has "been there and done that" I would really, really like to hear your comments and or recommendations. I'm not mechanic nor a gear head of any kind. I went through High School driving one of these old broncos back in the late 80's and told myself one day I want to rebuild one from the ground up. Well, I'm at that point now, just nervous about what direction to go.
Since you are doing the work yourself and don,t claim to be a mechanic. Let me make a safety suggestion please. Anytime you go to take out the distributor----even just to put it in time---------ALWYAS UN-HOOK THE BATTERY. Becasue if you do not-you have power going to the distributor and when you pull it up-----the distributor can EXPLODE IN YOUR FACE . Believe me ----it happened to me when I was setting the time in the 428 in my fairlane. Almost put out my eyes ---SO PLEASE --UNHOOK THE BATTER TERMINALS---good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke