2001 expedition for 4000 should i buy it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsomedaysoon

Reaction score
i found a 2001 expedition for 4000 today that looks pretty nice... its got some small body damage but the thing that makes me nervous is that the radiator support is pretty badly rusted. which makes me think that the radiator had leaked for a long time. i havent been able to open the hood yet but does that sound like a to good to be true price or is that about average? its a 4x4 xlt. i've looked at kelly blue book and the book value is somewhere around 6 or 7 but with gas prices i'm thinking actual market value is alot lower. so what do ya'll think?

Bronc76

Reaction score
i found a 2001 expedition for 4000 today that looks pretty nice... its got some small body damage but the thing that makes me nervous is that the radiator support is pretty badly rusted. which makes me think that the radiator had leaked for a long time. i havent been able to open the hood yet but does that sound like a to good to be true price or is that about average? its a 4x4 xlt. i've looked at kelly blue book and the book value is somewhere around 6 or 7 but with gas prices i'm thinking actual market value is alot lower. so what do ya'll think?
js- you said it had leaked for a while, so i'm assuming the radiator is fixed. how many miles?

Yardape

Reaction score
I have a 2003 and they are selling for about 8 grand, which really sux because I still owe 23,000. Sounds like a decent price.

OP
OP
J

jsomedaysoon

Reaction score
js- you said it had leaked for a while, so i'm assuming the radiator is fixed. how many miles?
i'm not even 100% sure the radiator ever did leak. i'm assuming it did because i cant think of another reason for the radiator support at the bottom of the radiator could be so rusted. i'm going to go look at it tomorrow but we'll probably end up getting it. its exactly what we are looking for and it seems to be a pretty good price.

OP
OP
J

jsomedaysoon

Reaction score
okay so i bought the truck the other day... got it for 3800 including taxes title fees and tags. but the dealership did not know the code to the door key pad for the keyless entry deal. it says in the handbook that the factory code is taped to the computer. anybody know where the computer is or know how i can reset the door code? other than that the only problem i've found with it so far is the nasty dog smell in there i've been trying to get out for 3 days now haha.

Yardape

Reaction score
If you have access to spray nine, that stuff is amazing. It will get rid of that smell like nothing. Will smell like spray nine but its way better than dog. haha

OP
OP
J

jsomedaysoon

Reaction score
If you have access to spray nine, that stuff is amazing. It will get rid of that smell like nothing. Will smell like spray nine but its way better than dog. haha
hmm, i'll have to check that out. i've never heard of it. i tried fabreeze and it helped but i can still notice it a little

Bronc76

Reaction score
hmm, i'll have to check that out. i've never heard of it. i tried fabreeze and it helped but i can still notice it a little

this may sound stupid but it worked for awhile. a friend of mine hung one of those things that you hang on the side of the toilet on his rear view mirror in his explorer. everytime i got in the vehicle, i felt like i had to use the restroom :lol:

OP
OP
J

jsomedaysoon

Reaction score
well i've only been in orlando a little over a month and somebody already smashed the window out of my truck and stold the gps... could've been worse though. all my mechanics tools were in the back and they didnt bother with them. blah... fla sucks dont ever come here if ya dont have to. haha

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RezBarron