fiberglass half doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swampthing

Reaction score
well im not too sure if any companies out there make fiberglass half doors for 78 79 broncos but i plan to make my own...not going to be a complete fiberglass door going to bend up tubing make my own tube door and going to cut an outter skin off of a stock bronco door mold it to where i want it to be halfdoor and make a fiberglass mold out of it....grant it im not into rock crawling or anything but half doors would come in handy for mud seeing as how im always leaning out watching where im going.so hopefully i can get started on this project soon just need to find a set of donor doors...also going to make a set of full tube doors to keep on it

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
I think either fiberglass or sheetmetal will work for your half-door skins, just not sure where you can find a flat piece of glass taht will work. Maybe something from some of the circle track guys? I made a set of tube doors for the 84 Bronco, using the outside spare tire racks, and they work fine. The only real difference I see between the 80-96 and the 78/79 doors is the hinges. On the 78/79 bronco, the upper hinge pin has to be put in from below due to how the fender fits to the cab. I have a little problem with that on my quick-disconnect's for the 78 doors. I normally run without the doors on the trails, but most mud drags make you put the full doors on. I get muddy either way, as I also drive with my head out the side, so I can see where the front tire is going. JSM84

OP
OP
swampthing

swampthing

Reaction score
i was going to just lay layers of fiberglass matting build it up....its not like i absolutely need them just a thought that had popped into my mind..and yeah i am making tube doors out or most liekly 1x1 square tubing.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Have you ever worked with fiberglass mat and resin? It would be a big job to make some panels without any other support than the tubing.

OP
OP
swampthing

swampthing

Reaction score
yeah i've worked with the mat and resin...i had planned on covering reg sheetmetal door skin that i cut to where i want it and lay it over that...but the more thought i put into it the more i dont want to do it because i will only destroy the doors and it would be a waste of time and money.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke