90 BRONCO wiring problems???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redneckrob86

Reaction score
ok heres the low down im going to try and explain this to the best of my ability. last week i bought a 1990 ford bronco it has 177k on it. i took it to tires plus and had 31 inch tsl swampers on it.... i took it wheeling and noticed 4 lo would only flash on the dash meaning it wouldnt engage. any answers to that would be great...

heres the real problem. i took her wheeling she did great even though lo range wasnt working. i was getting off the exit to my street and and was at a light all was fine... hit the gas when it turned green truck died. couldnt get it to start till i was being pulled... it will start if i let it sit all night and will only start one time a day and run for about 5 seconds. when i try to start it again it looses all power. it has a new battery, starter, alternator, selenoid all i could think to replace. im thinking there is something grounding out or lack of ground. if i jump it off another vehicle it pulls all power from that vehicle. if anyone could give me pointers i would apprecite it. any wires that commenly ground out fusable links anything like that. i am also open to phone calls about this problem. 859 814 3336 is my number rob is my name. i just wanna hit the woods again

l_3ee32e53c72224d90f8963ceab1f2129.jpg

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
it will start if i let it sit all night and will only start one time a day and run for about 5 seconds. when i try to start it again it looses all power. it has a new battery, starter, alternator, selenoid.im thinking there is something grounding out or lack of ground. if i jump it off another vehicle it pulls all power from that vehicle.
Hi Rob,

Welcome to BroncoZone :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Congratulations on your new purchase of a Bronco. Once you get them running right, they are incredible vehicles.

My first thought is that I can not think of any electrical problem that would limit itself to once per day. Therefore I am thinking along the lines of a clogged fuel filter. It is under the truck just behind the driver's seat.

You may want to give it a fuel pressure test to see if your fuel pump is working. When you turn the key on, do you hear it whirr for a few seconds? IF not you may have a faulty fuel pump.

If I am totally wrong here, please explain what you mean by it pulls all power from the other truck, and that it losses all power. And explain why you think that it may be a grounding issue. We can help you to track it down.

joe

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke