WWW.ROCKYROADS.COM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leejam99

Reaction score
has anyone heard or had any experience with these guys? I'm still looking at buying my first EB and i came across their website.

WWW.ROCKYROADS.COM

thanks!

J

S_bolt19

Reaction score
I have heard an awful lot about those guys and none of it any good. The prices they want are extremely high and the product you get is minimal. I have seen 1 of their restos and for the price that the guy paid, I would have charged him 1/2 and he would have gotten an better Bronco. Their big thing is that they like to sell to big names, (i.e. like actor Jeremy Piven & Baseball player Johnny Damon) and give real poor quality. Check out these threads:

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthrea...ght=rocky+roads

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthrea...ght=rocky+roads

Broncobill78

Reaction score
S Bolt's comments apply to a lot of the places out there that like to sell "restored" trucks & classics. Not that there aren't some good sellers out there but as a rule they ALL charge an incredible premium for allowing you to buy from them. Used to be a place near me in New England called "Big Boys Toys" that did the same thing. Generally speaking you'll almost always do better to locate a solid truck in need of restoration on your own and then ask around locally for a good shop. Go to your local cruise nights and 4x4 events and you'll find no shortage of well built trucks and owners anxious to tell you *everything* about the shop or guy who did the work. When you have the same name pop up a few times take a good look at the vehicle in question and then go visit the place. I have never yet found an owner who *wouldn't* let someone crawl over & under his ride when he finds out you're considering the shop that built his. They'll point out every shortcut they think was taken or show you areas where someone went above & beyond to do a top notch job. I've gone to a few of these Classic's Dealers and have yet to ever see something I thought was worth the asking price. Very few of them do their own restorations and of the ones that DO half of *them* do it half-assed. A lot of them like to buy trucks that someone else threw together and shot with a couple quick coats of enamel (but of course they'll tell you it's Imron or urethane). In the end almost everyone is happier with a truck that they *saw* being built and had input on throught the build.

Last edited by a moderator:

caramello

Reaction score
I don't know who is writing all of that crap about Rocky Roads. Their Broncos are very high quality, and they are top quality people. They have been very supportive of the Early Bronco industry. They buy tons of parts from the EB vendors year after year (Toms and Wild Horses, Wild Child, Northwest Metal Products, Centek, JBG, the list goes on) Call ANY of these vendors and get the REAL story, they do business with RR all of the time, year in and year out. They know what kind of people they are, honest quality people that do a great job restoring Broncos. Don't listen to these idiots who have nothing better to do than post negative comments. Their new mechanic (Danny) has ASE certifications in Ford, Lincoln, diesel and cars, the guy knows what he's doing. He is an EXPERT welder, he can fix anything on any Bronco. Their bodywork and paint on their more expensive trucks is very high quality. Some of their more recent trucks are SHOW QUALITY. I have seen many of their custom builds over the years, most of them have been well worth paying a bit more for. They do things right, and offer RUST-FREE vehicles. For someone who doesn't have time or resources to do-it-themselves, Rocky Roads is a great place to start. They just launched a new website, it is very professionally done, and well worth checking out! Talk to THEM before you buy a Bronco, don't listen to these low level donks who write CRAP about people for fun.

027_640x426.jpg

S_bolt19

Reaction score
Lets see, you go digging up a dead thread and your first post is defending a company who has a reputation of not taking care of customers within the Bronco community. I bet a $100 bill you either work for Rocky Roads or are the owner....just like the guy that dug the same type of thread up on CB.com today. Well, since you want to throw fuel on the fire, I am gonna throw some gas on there too. Since my first post back in Feb. I have since seen 2 more RR Bronco restos and neither one was worth what they cost. I have seen a total of 3 RR restos/builds in person and wasn't impressed with the money for product end result. Sorry man, but take a hike. I have been involved in Broncos for over 15 years and have been involved with "SHOW QUALITY" :rolleyes: vehicles for over 20 and not a single RR build that I have seen or heard of is worthy of that title. You want show quality, you better be talking Good Guys show quality. That is not what I have seen or heard of come out of that joint.

Now if you want to come on board to the site and be a helpful and knowledgeable member & offer solid advice, then by all means, welcome. If you are gonna do nothing other than dig old threads up (again, by the way, this was a dead thread) and spout off about how no one else knows as much as you do, then really, you aren't needed, Pirate's forums are a great place for that. I hope you are the latter.

If you need any help with your Bronco, please, by all means, start a new thread & ask your questions. If I can't help you with the answer from my knowledge or one of the other members on here can't, I am sure we can find out the answer for you. :)>-

fbnwest

Reaction score
Wow, who to believe.......

The guys that have been on here helping people for years or the newbie who has one post and dug up a year old closed topic to make it?

That and he seems to know the mechanic on a first name basis which obviously makes him impartial.

Think I'll go with the guys who have been offering free advice for years and not a walking advertisement.

Sorry couldn't resist!

fbnwest

Reaction score
Also noticed same thread got dug up on several bronco forums at same time, guess he is trying for some free advertisement.

Michael boob

Reaction score
I bought a power steering assembly from Rocky roads on eBay supposed to factory off a 1976 bronco. Bought it and paid for it and it never showed up. Constantly kept contacting Rocky roads and kept getting all kinds of excuses. Finally after 4 weeks I received the steering pump and hoses, no steering box or steering box arm or the steering shaft. I went back to calling and they would never answer my calls. Finally marc returned my call saying the remaining parts were returned because of oil leaking out. Another 2 weeks went by and no parts that I had paid for. I contacted eBay and filed a complaint and they tried contacting Rocky roads and no luck. EBay refunded my money back. About 4 days later the owner Shaun contacted me all upset because eBay took the money out of his account and reimbursed me. He said I really want to work with me but he had employee issues. So we made a deal he sent me the remaining parts and I paid him again. Mistake on my part. When i received the rest of the parts the steering box is not ford and wont fit its a Saginaw steering box and when held up to the frame it sticks out 4 inches and dead heads right for the coil spring, no way to hook up the steering shaft. I contacted Shaun and sent pictures to prove this and again and says I will refund your money back to your PayPal account. Never has refunded a dime and wont return my calls at all. I was burned and having to spend more money now.but this time i will go thru a recommended bronco parts supplier. Lesson learned I spent $400.00 on junk.

Reaction score
So recently I became interested in purchasing an early bronco in Southern California and I came across rocky roads and drove out to Chatsworth to check them out. My personal experience was that this guy buys broncos for super cheap, cleans them up and makes them look pretty, adds a bunch of dumb stuff that's not in the true spirit of the car, i.e. Bluetooth, rolls Royce carpet, aesthetic lift(not for off-roading), fancy stereo, and hid headlights/power windows, then marks them up ridiculously high and asks for 80,000 dollars while trying to compare himself to Icon. I got a bad feeling about Shaun and decided to check out his company on Yelp where I found that a lot of the reviews seemed doctored and all the negative reviews had been flagged and put in the "not recommended" reviews section, then I typed in rocky road reviews and found this thread and decided to share my thoughts. He didn't seem like a good salesman and kept trying to push unnecessary crap on me about stuff I don't even want in a bronco, he didn't seem like a bad person but I wouldn't care to buy a car from him, his company seemed more geared towards suburban dads who want something with big tires to drive on PCH with and lug around their mountain bike. If I were in 8th grade I'd totally call him a poser, but I'm older so I'll just call him an opportunist.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom