5.0 ** Oil Pan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shwagy357

Reaction score
Im in the process of doing a 93 mustang 5.0 engine conversion, and i was wondering if i could use the mustang oil pan on my 77 bronco. if not what do i have to modify on my bronco oil pan

Ice Man 860

Reaction score
the fox body stangs have a double sump oilpan... it might not work on your 77. im not sure how the 5.0 mounts in the eb's but im pretty sure they dont use the double sump. check broncograveyard.com

STLKIKN

Reaction score
If your truck has anything larger than a 2" lft you should have no problems with the 5.0 pan. If you don't have any lift I wouldn't recommend it, the pan may contact the diff under compression. (front right corner of the rear sump, if I had a digi cam I could show you the "self clearancing" on mine!!))

Last edited by a moderator:

LanceG

Reaction score
What about an oilpan from a '68 Galaxie? I have a 1970 Bronco. The original 302 is long gone so I have one from a '68 Galaxie. I plan on putting a 3-4 inch lift on it. Thanks!

Bronc76

Reaction score
I think both are front sump pans so you should have no problem.

LanceG

Reaction score
Thanks! I was thinking that all early Broncos had the double **** to clear the diff.

Bronc76

Reaction score
My '76 only has one **** and I know its original, that's why I think it will work, plus with your lift you should not have any clearance problems.

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
"What about an oilpan from a '68 Galaxie?"

Hmmmmm... I was under the impression the pan & pick-up tube/screen were different on the Bronco due to steep downhill runs. :unsure:

Might be better served checking with the EB stores just to be sure.. :-B

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke