• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Broncobill78

Broncobill78

Supreme Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1880 posts
  • Interests:78/79 Broncos<br />4 wheeling in the mud w/the family<br />thinking about a small boat for family use<br />Teaching my boys how to fix, repair &amp; rebuild &amp; being proud that my daughter is just as interested.

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:46 PM

There seem to have been a lot of questions lately about the 78/79 double cardan driveshafts so I figured it would probably be a good time to fire up the scanner and grab the factory manuals. Here's everything that Ford has to say about the double cardan type U-joint driveshaft in the F150, F250 & Bronco.

Sorry the scans are so large, the first time I scanned the manual it didn't come out very well and the illustrations were blurred so I threw file-size out the window and went for resolution instead figuring if anyone wanted to *actually* work off these or needed ALL the info that's there the higher resolution would be what they needed. Since I had to scan all of the pages 2 or 3 times each to get something I was *sure* everyone could work from I just didn't have the patience to convert them into .PDF's after fighting with the scanner & trying to make sure my ancient, brittle & yellowing manuals didn't fall apart in the process.

I hope these help to answer a few questions and if nothing else maybe a few of you will want to save the files for future refrence, once again, sorry the freaking things are so huge.

Attached Thumbnails

• driveshaft01.jpg
  • driveshaft02.jpg
  • driveshaft03.jpg
  • driveshaft04.jpg
  • driveshaft05.jpg
  • driveshaft06.jpg

Dave

People who say it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it.

84 Mustang GT (Great car to lose your license with, I recommend it for those trying to do so)
74 Ranchero (429, c6, Currie enterprises 9" w/Mickey Thompson cheater slicks, 1970 Torino shaker hood scoop)
82 Bronco (Canadian truck, kilometer speedo, dual batteries, hi-output heater, dual factory block heaters/etc)
78 Bronco (400, 33" Fun Countries, fastback softtop)
79 Bronco (460, 36" Ground Hawgs, frame-off rebuild)
84 Bronco (bone-stock beater)
73 Bronco (I only had it 2 wks before flipping & crushing it.)
76 F-350 (390, 40" Super Swampers, ugly ugly ugly fire-engine green/yellow cab w/faded purple bed)
78 Bronco (460, 38.5" Ground Hawgs, Dana 60's, boxed frame, frame-off rebuild)
86 Bronco (only truck I've ever had fall thru the ice & just plain disappear. no end of hassles from the ins. co.)
91 Bronco (25th anniversary edition, red w/grey leather everything interior, 31x11.5's)
88 Bronco (33x12.5's)
79 Bronco (Current project, 4" lift w/weenie little pizza cutters)

Looking for 78/79 parts, please let me know if you have one you're parting out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users