It's that time of the year again.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

green streak

Reaction score
i just got through taking the top off of my '95 for the first time. i don't think it had ever been taken off since new. however, the rubber weather stripping, bolts, etc. were all fine and there were no surprises at all. popped off with ease, and definately something every owner should tackle once. it took me about 45 minutes to complete the job by myself. enjoy.

DSC04999.jpg

DSC05000.jpg

DSC05003.jpg

DSC05001-1.jpg

keeprollling

Reaction score
i just got through taking the top off of my '95 for the first time. i don't think it had ever been taken off since new. however, the rubber weather stripping, bolts, etc. were all fine and there were no surprises at all. popped off with ease, and definately something every owner should tackle once. it took me about 45 minutes to complete the job by myself. enjoy.
DSC04999.jpg

DSC05000.jpg

DSC05003.jpg

DSC05001-1.jpg
Is that a 4" lift with 33" tires?

stusainte

Reaction score
Greenstreak Thats a beautiful 95 I also have a 95 w/4" lift and 33's and getting ready to pull her top off getting warmer her in newengland but do you know what i should do with my shoulder staps my 13 yro son rides in the back

keeprollling

Reaction score
Greenstreak Thats a beautiful 95 I also have a 95 w/4" lift and 33's and getting ready to pull her top off getting warmer her in newengland but do you know what i should do with my shoulder staps my 13 yro son rides in the back
I asked this question yesterday, Lap belts was the response I received which make alot of sense.

stusainte

Reaction score
Yea thats what I thought but heard that if the vehicle comes with sholder harness and your not wearing it your in violation of seat belt laws maybe runs from state to state I'll have to check with DMV here in town Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Roadkill

Reaction score
If you only have the boy riding back there, have him ride in the center position. He will then be using the original equipment that came with the vehicle. It's a technicality, but your local lawmakers would have had to VERY foresighted to anticipate that loop hole. (and we all know how much foresight our politicians/lawmakers have :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

Someday, when time and money permits, I plan to put a role bar back there because some off road parks require that you keep the hard top on if don't have one. When I do that, I plan to build it so that I can install the original shoulder belts to the top part of it. That will not be very soon though, I have a lot of other projects that have higher priority.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Love the ******* look, GS, gotta love the Bronco, too!!! BE careful, though, as you might not want to put it back on again. I took the top off my 84 right after I bought it ( the P.O. nevre had it off), and have not put it back on in 5 years. JSM84

OP
OP
G

green streak

Reaction score
Love the ******* look, GS, gotta love the Bronco, too!!! BE careful, though, as you might not want to put it back on again. I took the top off my 84 right after I bought it ( the P.O. nevre had it off), and have not put it back on in 5 years. JSM84
funny you should mention that. i was gonna put it back on because it rained, and we snugged it up against the cab and sit it on there, but didn't bolt anything down because i wasn't going to drive it for a couple of days. i took it off again when the rain stopped, so i'm going on 2 weeks now........ >

Roadkill

Reaction score
I'm the same way when I have the hardtop off in the summer. Even though I have the soft top, it stays open for weeks on end. I really only button it up if I expect to get caught in the rain. At night I throw a small tarp over the back to keep dew from constantly wetting the back seat and carpet evry night.

stusainte

Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking Roadkill And maybe in the future was thinking of installing race harness to the floor Might just have my son push me around or hook him to the towstrap if I get stuck in the mud at 13 he's allready 6' 200lbs and allready a huge Bronco fan

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
If you need to put the hardtop back on for a short time, you don't have to install all 13 bolts. 2 or 3 on the cab and 1 or 2 along the bedsides will secure it without leaking. Just saves time for when you take the top off again, or have some of the bolt inserts stripped out. You might want to remvoe any of the clips, or at least tape them down so they don't fall out. IT's a PITA to find spares.

Roadkill

Reaction score
I got it a couple of years ago from STC. Thats the company that recently went out of business. :(( I still see them from time to time on E-bay. I plan to get maximum life out of mine by only using it in the summer months.

It's not a very complicated construction, mostly just tubes and and angle brackets. When I get back home, I'll take pictures and measurements of all the parts and post them here on Broncozone in case someone wants to try and fab up their own.

Edit:

Forgot to tell you the price I paid. It was about $650+shipping when I got mine. The used ones I've seen on E-bay still bring that much, too. I guess some people want them pretty bad to pay "new" price for a used one. :)>-

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo