93 Bronco Harsh Ride!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shivesy

Reaction score
I have a 93 Ford Bronco that is all stock and rides alot harsher than I think it should. The trim screws inside are falling out due to the jolts from normal driving around town. I have put shocks on from Midas and the tires are stock size, Michelins with 32lbs of air in them. I had a 4W/D shop check the body mounts and they said everything was tight. Any suggestions on why I would get such hard jolts over small bumps in the road? The Bronco has 177,000 miles on it. My son and I are going to use this Bronco as a project truck in about a year. Thanks!!

Seabronc

Reaction score
I'd check the condition of the front springs. The have a tendency to weaken. Replacing them is a relatively simple job. You should also check the rear leaf springs.

Good luck, :)>-

dicain

Reaction score
i have the same problem. I think mines doe to the trim for the top being taken off and the scews are kind of woren out. if they're in metal try lock tight.

hawk2100n

Wants Overdrive
Reaction score
Broncos ride harsh, especially if you have the 5 leafs in the back. I do and i bought some Edelbrock performer IAS shocks. they have a valve in them that change the dampening in them automatically. about 60 to 80$ a piece and i needed 6 of them but they are well worth the money. That could also make a difference, if you have 2 shocks in front or 4.

cowboydan

Reaction score
shocks from midas would be the problem, ride quality is always linked to shocks. gas shocks are more $$$ but way better than oem

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
I definitely think it's a problem with the shocks. The cheap ones do not last more than a few months before wearing out. Try something like the Pro Comp ES 3000/9000 or Rancho 5000/RSX. They are about $40 each but all carry a lifetime/1,000,000 mile warranty and offer a good ride. I have the Skyjacker Hydros and a full polyurethane bushing kit (suspension and body), and the ride is firm but not teeth-rattlin'!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane