New Guy To The Board

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

newsuperbronc

Reaction score
hey whats up everyone

im new to owning a big brono just was purchased sportin 33's with a 400mmotor and a 4 inch lift any suggestions to what i can do or common problems i might run into

highboy73

FORDing thru life
Reaction score
glad you are here asking about bb(big bronco's)

if you plan on driving you bb everyday you should look for an 351w or a 302

junk the 400 they make good anchors.

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire
Reaction score
I disagree with that. The 400 is a very strong engine, and can easily be make even better for only a little more than it'd cost for any other engine rebuild. Telling him to swap to a different engine family will cast for more than building the 400

Txquadhunter

Reaction score
I agree with Davids, The 351m/400's are good motors just get bad wraps by some. in that bronco the 400 will out last and walk all over the 351w. I've got 2 of em. I've tried and still trying to **** my M block so i can rebuild it. It's limping on 7cyl and still enough TQ to take my bronco on 35" boggers any place i want. I'm one not to replace motors in my mud toy's till milk it for all it's got.

If he wanted to do a motor it'll be cheaper to go with a 460 since they use the same tranny bolt pattern. plus everyone i know with mildly built big blocks get the same and some better MPG then a 351w. if my choice i'd opt'd for the more power of the big block with same fuel mileage then half the power 351w IMO

this link should help with the 351m/400's

http://www.projectbronco.com/Technical_Art..._the_rumors.htm

63falcon

When I bought my 79 bronco I replaced the timing chain with a double roller and

installed a new melling oil pump. The engine is a 400 and has 96,000 miles and the

timing chain was completely shot. The clutch was bad too. We also rebuilt the

transmission and transfer case, and rebuilt the steering components.

:D/

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj