Help! Neutral safety switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mlagan

Reaction score
I need a 6 prong neutral safety switch for an 89 5.8 L eddie bauer with a c6 transmission. The only ones i can find are 4 prong.
can anyone help?
thanks! - newbie

BBSteal

Reaction score
I had the same problem when I bought my 1988 Bronco 4 years ago, it would start in gear talk about scary. I looked all over for the six prong switch but couldnt find one, I was going to try and modify a 4 prong but then I found a number for Henrys Parts Depot online 1-714-997-8895 they deal in obsolete Ford parts. I called and spoke to Ray he is a real old timer and I assume the owner. I told him what I needed and gave him the part number, he checked for a few minutes and got back on the phone and said he didnt have one but he would check around for me and call me back. Two days later he called and gave me the number of a Ford dealership in Minn. I then immediately called them gave them the part number and they said they had the part on the counter because someone had called that morning about it. They said it was the only one they had, so I said ship it to me, they asked if I wanted to know the price I said no just ship it they are near impossible to find. I think I paid around $50.00 for it. So I would try Henrys. Good luck

OP
OP
M

mlagan

Reaction score
I had the same problem when I bought my 1988 Bronco 4 years ago, it would start in gear talk about scary. I looked all over for the six prong switch but couldnt find one, I was going to try and modify a 4 prong but then I found a number for Henrys Parts Depot online 1-714-997-8895 they deal in obsolete Ford parts. I called and spoke to Ray he is a real old timer and I assume the owner. I told him what I needed and gave him the part number, he checked for a few minutes and got back on the phone and said he didnt have one but he would check around for me and call me back. Two days later he called and gave me the number of a Ford dealership in Minn. I then immediately called them gave them the part number and they said they had the part on the counter because someone had called that morning about it. They said it was the only one they had, so I said ship it to me, they asked if I wanted to know the price I said no just ship it they are near impossible to find. I think I paid around $50.00 for it. So I would try Henrys. Good luck
Thanks! I was able to get in touch with Ray also, he's made a modification in an existing switch to address this problem. he shipped one out to me and it worked!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23