Clutch pedal spring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
shawnkelly1970

shawnkelly1970

Reaction score
I’ll try the spring the other way. It seems like it pops to the floor easier than it pops back up before I reconnect the hydraulic clutch to it. Might have to wait until I put the top back on. Snow predicted tomorrow. I think I jumped the gun. And I’ve been feeling amazing lately! Thanks for asking. After my last bout with Covid and my hernia surgery I went back to work after three years part time and I feel like a new person. Was able to quit taking a few medications for pain and been exercising more.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I’ll try the spring the other way. It seems like it pops to the floor easier than it pops back up before I reconnect the hydraulic clutch to it. Might have to wait until I put the top back on. Snow predicted tomorrow. I think I jumped the gun. And I’ve been feeling amazing lately! Thanks for asking. After my last bout with Covid and my hernia surgery I went back to work after three years part time and I feel like a new person. Was able to quit taking a few medications for pain and been exercising more.
Good to hear that.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
The BEST thing I took for pain is a APPLE. It seems like as soon as the juice starts--the pain stops. I, could not believe it. I was having bad pain in my shoulder. I had been taking Tyelenol. This day I started to take a Tyenol and just happened reached and go a apple and thought I would try a experimant with it. I cut 2 small pieces and took the peel off and put it in my mouth. As soon as the apple juices started---my main went away. I tried it the next day and it done the same thing.. I quit pain pills along time ago.

OP
OP
shawnkelly1970

shawnkelly1970

Reaction score
The BEST thing I took for pain is a APPLE. It seems like as soon as the juice starts--the pain stops. I, could not believe it. I was having bad pain in my shoulder. I had been taking Tyelenol. This day I started to take a Tyenol and just happened reached and go a apple and thought I would try a experimant with it. I cut 2 small pieces and took the peel off and put it in my mouth. As soon as the apple juices started---my main went away. I tried it the next day and it done the same thing.. I quit pain pills along time ago.
I’m getting off topic but I wanted to share what worked for me “The One Minute Miracle” it gave me back a quality of life I was afraid I’d lost forever after my head injury and having Covid twice. I’ve pain free allowing me to go back to work full time and cognitively regained my short term memory and problem solving skills. Which makes it nice for working on my Bronco!

OP
OP
shawnkelly1970

shawnkelly1970

Reaction score
Yes you can Shawn and one good way you can tell is if it comes up past the brake pedal. How are you coming along now.? How you are doing alot better,
I went back to work full time so I’m just getting a minute to respond. I bought a mighty vac to bleed my hydraulic clutch again. It’s so much better after having the housing welded and brass bushings installed but I don’t have full travel yet. Trying it this morning before work. I’ll keep you posted.
Anyone with high mileage on a 5 speed check your clutch pedal housing! The plastic bushings wear out and it starts chewing through the soft aluminum every time you step on the clutch! Thank goodness I caught mine in time to have repaired.

johnnyreb

Reaction score

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I went back to work full time so I’m just getting a minute to respond. I bought a mighty vac to bleed my hydraulic clutch again. It’s so much better after having the housing welded and brass bushings installed but I don’t have full travel yet. Trying it this morning before work. I’ll keep you posted.
Anyone with high mileage on a 5 speed check your clutch pedal housing! The plastic bushings wear out and it starts chewing through the soft aluminum every time you step on the clutch! Thank goodness I caught mine in time to have repaired.
Shaw,could you post a picture of it and maybe someone will have a spare or solution to fix it with a better idea?

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Shaw,could you post a picture of it and maybe someone will have a spare or solution to fix it with a better idea?
You,d think that since its a HEAVY DUTY TRUCK---It WOULD NOT HAVE AN ALUMINIUM BELL-HOUSING. I ,d look around and see if I could find one on a older vehicle and swap it. A friend of mine retired from GM. He said they have cut corners on verything. He said you could take a cheap ball point pin (ink pin) and walk around these new Chevrolet,s and GMC,s and punch holes in the bodys ad they are NOT rated way they used to be. The only good thing about them is the running gear.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
The clutch spring will be UNDER-NEITH the bronco. Locate the clutch fork coming out of the hogshead and you,ll see it. The hogshead--is the same as bell houseusing. Hope you have a garage to work in. I know its cold in Montana. Hope you doing doing better.

Attachments

• bottom 2 VIEW OF  CLUTCH VIVOT SET UP ON 78 BRONCO.jpg
    bottom 2 VIEW OF CLUTCH VIVOT SET UP ON 78 BRONCO.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 0

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Underthe truck--looking up at the spring wire

Attachments

• thumbnail under neith bronco looking up at clutch pivot.jpg
    thumbnail under neith bronco looking up at clutch pivot.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 0

Members online