Ice chest idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Got this idea off another forum for the pickup.

Not sure the setup on center consoles on other years, but for us 87-91 guys who have that large plastic center console!

A thin line of weather strip for the lid - Helps keep cool air in.

Drill a hole at the lowest point where water will be able to exit with ease. If needed (I'll know the details when I do it myself) slip in a hose so the melting ice water doesn't drip onto anything important under the truck.

Spray silicone spray on the bolts which secure the console to the truck - This prevents rust and water seeping out.

Fill with ice!! By doing this, you can have a ice cooler when needed inside the truck. When the ice melts, the water simply drains out the hole onto the ground below. A plug could be pushed in place to keep the cool ice water in place to pro-long cooling. With the little bit of water left over, nothing a paper towel can't soak up!

:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Dude, that's brilliant! Just what we need here in Fla.

My 96 has the console you're talking about.

I'm ashamed I didn't think of it earlier.

Come up with a liner so the outside doesn't sweat, and I'm doing it.

OP
OP
A

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Dude, that's brilliant! Just what we need here in Fla.My 96 has the console you're talking about.

I'm ashamed I didn't think of it earlier.

Come up with a liner so the outside doesn't sweat, and I'm doing it.
You could wrap it? I'm going to be wrapping my lid with black leather, and painting the rest of it flat black (primer). I suppose you could put a thin lay of insulation..maybe that carpet matting (stuff that goes bettween the carpet and floor)..then wrap over with leather or some type of fabric so it looks good.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice thoughts! ty

Thin styrofoam is avail all over esp at markets for free; they trash tons of it daily (and sometimes have that space-age insulation made from metalized films and air bubbles as well) & ez to cut and glue using styro glue avail at craft shops.. or just snug fit it

OP
OP
A

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Nice thoughts! ty
Thin styrofoam is avail all over esp at markets for free; they trash tons of it daily (and sometimes have that space-age insulation made from metalized films and air bubbles as well) & ez to cut and glue using styro glue avail at craft shops.. or just snug fit it
Great idea! I like that idea better!

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Good Adam!

Take pics too!

BTW, what happened to your pics in some of your other Mod Projects that you poted here in da Zone?

I was away for a week + and am just going thru your mods here.

OP
OP
A

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Good Adam!
Take pics too!

BTW, what happened to your pics in some of your other Mod Projects that you poted here in da Zone?

I was away for a week + and am just going thru your mods here.
All the hosted photos? They were all moved into folders on photobucket..gave me an error saying my "links may be alterd"..assuming all posted image links would be bad.

If I stumble upon them (threads) again, I'll fix accordingly.

Got laid off two days before thanksgiving. All current progress/fun money is now on old/being used towards moving/finding work <_<

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar